33's on stock jeep

RamP

Here's a comparison between my Jeep with the stock 32" BFG's and 33x10.5 BFG's. A teraflex BB is installed in both pics. Along with Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers.
3759C550-FBD6-45A2-85ED-F0C2CBB1708F-6633-000004C8DD81DB19_zpsb03505da.jpg

bl17z90

JKMaddness has 33's on his 2 door and does all of the trails that the rest of us with 35's do. It takes patience and a good spotter and you will be amazed at what a stock Jeep will do. But to answer your question. The 285's should fit on the stock wheels without spacers and without a lift. Having said that I would get 33x12.5's at a minimum. Best bet is 35x12.5. Spacers arn't a big issue if you torque them down to the right spec and use good spacer like spidertrax. Oh and use red locktite.

Cpyrd

I put 285/70/17 pro comp extreme a/t's on pro comp wheels with 4.5" backspace and no lift. I have no issues with clearance. Mine is a daily driver as well. My mpg went from 18 to 15.5. mostly around town driving.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
If you go to 35's yes you will have to recalibrate and adjust your shift points if you have an automatic. My service manager is a buddy and he said he would recalibrate for me. Might be something you can aske your service manager.

BS. Dealers do not have the ability to reprogram tire sizes for anything other than stock. (Not calling BS on you, but rather your service manager.)

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Just curious what lifts you guys are going with and why. I have 33" BFG's and looking to go with a 2.5" lift myself but just not sure what to go with yet.

I went with the rough country BB Serie II. If you go budget boost left there all about the same. Was easy to install about 5 hours by myself. If you have a friend to help I would recommend. Front bumper still in progress. :eek:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1387926412039.jpg
    1387926412039.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 365

Clark Griswold

I went with the rough country BB Serie II. If you go budget boost left there all about the same. Was easy to install about 5 hours by myself. If you have a friend to help I would recommend. Front bumper still in progress. :eek:

Thanks for the advice I am looking at the AEV budget boost and I do have a buddy with a shop who insists on helping/doing it for me haha. I will be doing the lift and a front bumper in a couple of months, can't wait.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the advice I am looking at the AEV budget boost and I do have a buddy with a shop who insists on helping/doing it for me haha. I will be doing the lift and a front bumper in a couple of months, can't wait.

Sweet, awesome please post some pictures of the build too.:):thumbup:

I'm running 33's BFG K02's with a Metalcloak 2 1/2 lift. I've had some fender rubbing in full flex, so I cut the stock fenders and have no problem now. So far, I don't have a desire to go to bigger tires. I can do most trails that bigger tired rigs can go.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 108

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I'm running 33's BFG K02's with a Metalcloak 2 1/2 lift. I've had some fender rubbing in full flex, so I cut the stock fenders and have no problem now. So far, I don't have a desire to go to bigger tires. I can do most trails that bigger tired rigs can go.

Looks good! How you liking the lift?

Top Bottom