34-10.50x17" anyone have them?

Journeyman

The 34"x10.50" ko's your referring to do not measure even close to what bfg states on the website. They actually measure out at 32 1/4"
I had a set and returned them because they were not as advertised in their sizing. They would be an almost perfect tire to replacement for stock rubicon mud terrains if you were not wanting to change tire size. They looked very silly underneath a jku with 3" of lift.

Wethy

I can't speak for the 34 10.50s but I have been happy with my 285/70s so far they've held up well and I haven't felt the need to regear I'm not sure how gearing an automatic vs a manual goes but I have 3.73s in my 6 spd I originally wanted 285/75/17s for the extra bit of height because the two tires I was looking at were the same price but then I got a smokin deal on the 285/70s

robx251

Caught the Bug
My buddy who I wheel with a lot up here in Maine he runs 33/1050/15 bfg at ko on his TJ and we go everywhere the guys with the 35 37 and 40s go UP HERE. Now your mileage will vary depending upon what you wheel. We do woods trails, some small rocks snow and some mud.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I'm kinda asking the same question as reelsilly but I'm wanting to run a 315/75/16 and I will be re-gearing while I change tires I climb a lot of hills living in the high desert and out where I work. I have stock 3.21 gearing now and was thinking about 4.88s would this be an ideal gearing for me? Again I drive up and down highway hills a lot aha. I can really feel the power lose and am running very high rpms. My current tiers now are 285/ 75/16. Also if anyone has pictures of there jeep sitting on a set of 315/75/16s I would love to see them. Oh and if your wondering my lift is a 2.5 inch rubicon express with cut fenders. Thank you!

aldaman

I'm kinda asking the same question as reelsilly but I'm wanting to run a 315/75/16 and I will be re-gearing while I change tires I climb a lot of hills living in the high desert and out where I work. I have stock 3.21 gearing now and was thinking about 4.88s would this be an ideal gearing for me? Again I drive up and down highway hills a lot aha. I can really feel the power lose and am running very high rpms. My current tiers now are 285/ 75/16. Also if anyone has pictures of there jeep sitting on a set of 315/75/16s I would love to see them. Oh and if your wondering my lift is a 2.5 inch rubicon express with cut fenders. Thank you!

Here you go. These are 315/75/16 Toyo Open Country MTs on:
2.5" RK lift, Bilstein shocks
4.10 gears
3.6L
Auto trans

image.jpeg

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Here you go. These are 315/75/16 Toyo Open Country MTs on:
2.5" RK lift, Bilstein shocks
4.10 gears
3.6L
Auto trans

View attachment 182124

Hey aldaman thanks for posting a pic but for some reason I can't view the pic. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they look like. That's also the tire I was thinking g about either them or the nitto trail grapplers. Who do you like them and how many miles do you have on them now? I read they last a long time.

BlackHawk08jk

I have an 08 jku that I ran 35s on for over a year without regearing, and 33s for 2 years before that. You don't have to regear. You will just st be happier when you do

reelsilly

So you're saying even with the 285 size tires you're loosing a lot of power and running really high RPMs? I'm going to assume that it is because of the type of driving (location), as to why you're loosing power??? The RPMs, I wouldn't have thought would be much higher running a 285. I'm not what you would call a smart fella when it comes to that so maybe someone will chime in that would know.

Dwg

I've known some cops. You guys DO put up with a lot of shit. Thanks for being out there and dealing with all the knuckle-heads.

Totally agree with WJCO too! Thanks for being out there and being the guy that gets shit. You got my respect! Way to serve!!!!!

Jk909

You can run a 285/70 but don't bump up to a 285/75/17. I bought some nitto terra grapplers in 285/75r17 and they measured 33" mounted with 22psi. That is basically the same size as an advertised 35x11.5. So I ended up at off road evolution getting it new gears. I had 3.21 like you and with the new tires my auto tranny was working way too hard. 4Lo was also way to fast to crawl in. Here's a pic for reference ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452721088.677972.jpg

kentuckianajk

here are some pics of my 2014 JKUR when we got new from the dealer.
3.5 RE lift, 315/70/17 and 3.73 gears. As you can see the tires are about 34' tall.

Attachments

• 122.jpg
    122.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 315 70 17.jpg
    315 70 17.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 462.jpg
    462.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 467.jpg
    467.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 573.jpg
    573.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 92

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
So you're saying even with the 285 size tires you're loosing a lot of power and running really high RPMs? I'm going to assume that it is because of the type of driving (location), as to why you're loosing power??? The RPMs, I wouldn't have thought would be much higher running a 285. I'm not what you would call a smart fella when it comes to that so maybe someone will chime in that would know.

Yeah I was thinking that's weird because there not that big of a tire. But man driving the high way it's just struggling driving a lot of high way hills. It has a hard time getting up to the speed limit. If anyone can point me in the right direction for gear ratio that would be awesome. So my plan is 315/75/16 tires. I have an 09 wrangler unlimited X stock gearing also an auto trans. What would be the best gear ratio for DD high way and mild trail runs? Thanks!

reelsilly

With all the info I have, I'm going to pull the trigger on a set of 285 70r 17s. Now I gotta pick a brand. Seems a lot of folks up here love the big ko2. It's either them, the Deegan by MT, or Nitto Trail Grapplers.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I have the 285 kos right now . Love them they last forever. But now just looking for something different. Also more aggressive looking with nice side walls. But yeah the new ko2s are awesome tires.

Top Bottom