3rd Break Light mods.

JEEPnGEO

What does the DOT say about this mod. I was pulled over because I had a very small 3rd eye and I had to go to court to fight it. I found out the light has to be 10mm high and no more than 50% of the width of the vehicle and so many lumens and red in color. Must be visible from so many feet. Since my ticket was about the size my light was good to go and the ticket was dismissed. Having so many in the back may or may not be in DOT violation. Cops here find anything to pull you over to check for alcohol etc...

BdugJK

Where I live state law says you must have two rear driving lights and one brake light visible up to 300 feet when approaching from the rear so I am good to go.

GraniteCrystal

Nice man that turned out good! You put more effort into than I did. I just recently cleaned the garage and through the old pieces away, kind of kicking myself in the butt cause yours looks cleaner. Good job. I appreciate the reference as well!

Thanks for the idea! That light has been a splinter in my side. Love how it looks with it tucked out of the way.

Top Bottom