4" Lift Kit DoubleD JK Bolt On Long Arm Pics

mrmet1983

im thinking of going with this kit 4" Lift Kit DoubleD JK Bolt On Long Arm since when im ready to go with bolt on coil overs i can just swap them in while keeping my new long arms(if im wrong someone feel free to chime in) just thought id start a thread if anyone has this lift wud love to see some pics of it in action and really any other evo kits besides the coil over kits wud love to see what rigs are running evo lift kits:rock:

MTG

Caught the Bug
There are a few people running this. Several just installed it. Prime8 comes to mind. I think DChew is running the high clearance kit.

I'd like to know the answer as well. Actually I would like to know what is the best route to go if you plan to eventually run 1) DTD/EVO Lever or 2) bolt-on coil overs.

Sorry if that is a hijack.

mrmet1983

There are a few people running this. Several just installed it. Prime8 comes to mind. I think DChew is running the high clearance kit.

I'd like to know the answer as well. Actually I would like to know what is the best route to go if you plan to eventually run 1) DTD/EVO Lever or 2) bolt-on coil overs.

Sorry if that is a hijack.

Not at all man I'm with you I'm in the same boat I remember Eddie telling me a while back that if u go with this kit u won't end up double purchasing parts u later don't need if I'm correct. Maybe he will chime in at some point. Just looking to see some pics of rigs running this cause I'm getting close to placing my order.

Sent from my JK

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
It's the same kit as the high clearance long arm, the ONLY difference is the rear high clearance brackets.

You must run coilovers with the high clearance kit..

Hope this answers you're question. You can always buy the double d then buy the high clearance brackets at a later time

mrmet1983

It's the same kit as the high clearance long arm, the ONLY difference is the rear high clearance brackets.

You must run coilovers with the high clearance kit..

Hope this answers you're question. You can always buy the double d then buy the high clearance brackets at a later time

no im planning on getting this kit than upgrading to coil over front anf rear not high clearance long arm kit

cuongdyna

im thinking of going with this kit 4" Lift Kit DoubleD JK Bolt On Long Arm since when im ready to go with bolt on coil overs i can just swap them in while keeping my new long arms(if im wrong someone feel free to chime in) just thought id start a thread if anyone has this lift wud love to see some pics of it in action and really any other evo kits besides the coil over kits wud love to see what rigs are running evo lift kits:rock:

Hope this help.

image-2512105281.jpg

This is the JK with the shock arms with EVO coilovers.

image-3076674055.jpg

Teraflex's long arm with EVO coilovers.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
no im planning on getting this kit than upgrading to coil over front anf rear not high clearance long arm kit

You can do it this way, it would be cheaper in the long run just to buy the coilovers now along with the long arm upgrade kit rather than the full double D kit then buy the coilovers

mrmet1983

You can do it this way, it would be cheaper in the long run just to buy the coilovers now along with the long arm upgrade kit rather than the full double D kit then buy the coilovers

I understand that but I don't have the money for all that and tires at the moment so ill go with the double d than just replace the springs with coil overs maybe this winter but I just can't keep looking at it all stock and wimpy

Sent from my JK

mrmet1983

You'll love it, rides and drives way better than stock on and off road. I was thinking of doing coil overs later down the road but so far Im happy keeping it as is.

That's exactly what I'm planning , if I decide to go with coil overs later on I can and won't have to take off the whole lift just coils and shocks

Sent from my JK

mrmet1983

You'll love it, rides and drives way better than stock on and off road. I was thinking of doing coil overs later down the road but so far Im happy keeping it as is.

Any problems that you ran across while installing lift that I should know about before I order because every lift has one or two parts to it that make you wonder why you didn't just pay someone else to do it lol but I love being able to say everything on my jeep I installed !! That's just me though.

Sent from my JK

cboggs

Any problems that you ran across while installing lift that I should know about before I order because every lift has one or two parts to it that make you wonder why you didn't just pay someone else to do it lol but I love being able to say everything on my jeep I installed !! That's just me though.

Sent from my JK

I had Northridge do my install since I don't weld, so if your ok with cutting off the stock brackets and welding on the new then you should be ok. I have a 2012 so I also did the front driveshaft also.

mrmet1983

I had Northridge do my install since I don't weld, so if your ok with cutting off the stock brackets and welding on the new then you should be ok. I have a 2012 so I also did the front driveshaft also.

I'm ok with cutting and my buddy is a licensed welder but from what I've read about the lift you don't have to weld anything if you don't want to am I wrong on this ?

Sent from my JK

Top Bottom