4th hardest trail in CO

Hock Edition

Sunday I went out with a group of toyotas to do the independence trail in penrose colorado. It's rated 4th hardest in the state and lives up to its name. I broke my steering box off the frame and snapped my tie rod 30ft from the exit..... Looks like hydro assist is in my near future. Some pictures
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395218749.088982.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395218763.928835.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395218818.336632.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395218832.770048.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395218856.028334.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395218869.539569.jpg

Looks like a fun day! Sucks you broke some stuff but hey it's an excuse to upgrade right!?!

Sent from my iPhone

4th hardest? What's the top 3? I've been wanting to run Independence for a while now. Looks like fun :yup:

4th hardest? What's the top 3? I've been wanting to run Independence for a while now. Looks like fun :yup:

Surprisingly, I actually got a hit when I asked the interwebs this question. I have no idea if it is legit, but this is the most recent response I found for the 10 hardest trails in Colorado:

1 - Cactus Ridge 2
2 - Rangley
3 - Die Trying
4 - (tie) - Independence/Patriot
4 - (tie) - Carnage BV
6 - Calamity Canyon
7 - Billings Canyon
8 - 21 Road
9 - Topless
10 - Holy Cross

Surprisingly, I actually got a hit when I asked the interwebs this question. I have no idea if it is legit, but this is the most recent response I found for the 10 hardest trails in Colorado:

1 - Cactus Ridge 2
2 - Rangley
3 - Die Trying
4 - (tie) - Independence/Patriot
4 - (tie) - Carnage BV
6 - Calamity Canyon
7 - Billings Canyon
8 - 21 Road
9 - Topless
10 - Holy Cross

LOL!! Thanks for posting that up. Never even heard of 1 and 3 but if they really are harder than Independence and Carnage BV, I can only imagine how hard they really are. :crazyeyes: Mel wanted to hit up Rangley on the way back from the 2012 JKX but we ran out of time.

Looks like a lot of fun. For a rookie like me I would keeping a tight seal on my seat. :cheesy: where is the bunny trail for newbie's?

It was a blast I will post more pictures latter. I just ordered a kit from westtexasoffroad.com called the redneck ram and it came with new box, hoses, ram, mounting brackets and everything else you will need for 800

It was a blast I will post more pictures latter. I just ordered a kit from westtexasoffroad.com called the redneck ram and it came with new box, hoses, ram, mounting brackets and everything else you will need for 800

Good luck with it. I've known a couple of guys with it and wasn't all that impressed. One had his go out just as we were starting the Rubicon.

Wow that looks like a blast! I've got a little more building to do before I attempt anything that gnarly!

Thanks for sharing. Cool pics!

Got any pics of the trail damage?

Edit: lol looks like you were just posting them.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

It looks like the stock rocker armor held up well.

p.s. I've never heard of #1 and 2 on that hardest trails list. Post a link!

Top Bottom