A little help needed

atrollip

Hi all
A friend of ours JK won't start. It's a manual. It won't unlock with key unless physically unlocking door. When he tries to start the jk the cluster lights and everything comes on but won't turn over. Checked battery it's fine, changed remote battery and check fuses. We push started it, it runs till 3000rpm then cuts off. What else can we check?

We currently offroading in another country and hope to get it running. Any help would really be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N920C using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
The only thing that I can think of would be to pull the battery cables and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Then hook them back up. This will reset the computer. I wish I had a better answer, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepFan

Hooked
Hmmm strange the keyless entry isnt working. Check the oil level. If its low the engine might crank but not start.

Sounds like something is up with the security feature. Check the door light button under the hood and its wiring. Looks like this...
IMG_6316.JPG .

atrollip

Thank you all I really appreciate the help you gave. It is a 2013 JK. We didn't know where this door switch sits under the hood so while we were looking we pulled the grill and found a plug behind left headlight that had water in it. Put some Q20 in it and voila it started. Strange this plug doesn't have a seal on it. Not sure what you call it but here is a photo for future references.

Sent from my SM-N920C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom