A Wave from Scottsdale Arizona

Templar

Hello Wayalife community!

I'm Mark from Scottsdale, AZ. I have been holding off on posting my introduction here because sadly, I am Jeepless, however that will change tomorrow (Saturday 12/13/14) as I am flying out to Houston pick up my new JKUR I factory ordered. Why Houston? Because the dealers in AZ are awful and the great deal I got out of Houston more than covered the cost of airfare for myself, my dad, my 5 y/o son, a hotel for one night, gas for a 1,200 mile trip, AND a new Axial SXC 10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon RC 4WD for my son (painted the same color as the Jeep I am picking up - and that he will be surprised with when we get our Jeep in Houston).

I have owned 4x4's and have wheeled since I was 18 when I bought my my first 4x4 in 1985. Being single, and making a lot of money without a lot of expenses I spoiled myself with my first Jeep in 2001. It was a 01 Wrangler I ordered from the factory. I paid $21k cash for that jeep, had parts stockpiled in my garage before I even picked it up, two weeks later I had spent another $18k. If you have ever watched this rollover on hells gate in Moab - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouWJa6FC7-E my TJ is the Red jeep next in line that you can see as Tracy starts to go over. That, was one of three rollovers that day, and it was one crazy trip... This is what my TJ looked like two weeks after picking it up from the dealer:

MW-TJ_Toppless_Scottsdale_AZ_5-2-2004.jpg

I sold that Jeep in late 2005 to pay for our wedding. My wife got the wedding of her dreams, I got no debt from giving her her dream wedding, and 3 years later I bought my 2nd jeep, a 2008 JKUR. Working for the Sheriff's Office, having a house, and a wife, and our first child, I did not have a lot to spend on this one, but still it had a 4" lift, 37's, a nice OR FAB cage, and some beefy bumpers. I loved it. When the economy took a shit, I lost my job, we lost our house, and I had to sell the jeep (which was paid off). Here is one of the last pictures I have of her:

6.jpg

Now that we are back on our feet, back to being homeowners, and I have both my kids in public school (and am no longer paying $1,650 in daycare!), I once again will be a Jeep owner this Saturday - THANK GOD. Here is what I ordered:
- 2015 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
- 24R Package
- Auto
- Firecracker Red
- Black Cloth
- Remote Start
- Heated front seats
- Body color hard top
- Max Tow package
- Air with auto temp
- Connectivity group

I currently have my free and clear 2003 Infinity FX 35 up for sale. Everything I get for that will go into mods for the Jeep. I have been doing a lot of research, and picked Eddies brain pretty well and I will post a build thread when I get started. The basic plans are EVO bolt on coilovers, 37" Nitto's, ATX Slabs, and well, I love the evo stuff so more and more of that :)

Last edited:

BadApple

Wave back from Surprise Az! Hopefully we can do some wheeling sometime. Oh welcome to wayalife too!

jfallon1

Hello Wayalife community!

I'm Mark from Scottsdale, AZ. I have been holding off on posting my introduction here because sadly, I am Jeepless, however that will change tomorrow (Saturday 12/13/14) as I am flying out to Houston pick up my new JKUR I factory ordered. Why Houston? Because the dealers in AZ are awful and the great deal I got out of Houston more than covered the cost of airfare for myself, my dad, my 5 y/o son, a hotel for one night, gas for a 1,200 mile trip, AND a new Axial SXC 10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon RC 4WD for my son (painted the same color as the Jeep I am picking up - and that he will be surprised with when we get our Jeep in Houston).

I have owned 4x4's and have wheeled since I was 18 when I bought my my first 4x4 in 1985. Being single, and making a lot of money without a lot of expenses I spoiled myself with my first Jeep in 2001. It was a 01 Wrangler I ordered from the factory. I paid $21k cash for that jeep, had parts stockpiled in my garage before I even picked it up, two weeks later I had spent another $18k. If you have ever watched this rollover on hells gate in Moab - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouWJa6FC7-E my TJ is the Red jeep next in line that you can see as Tracy starts to go over. That, was one of three rollovers that day, and it was one crazy trip... This is what my TJ looked like two weeks after picking it up from the dealer:

View attachment 114482

I sold that Jeep in late 2005 to pay for our wedding. My wife got the wedding of her dreams, I got no debt from giving her her dream wedding, and 3 years later I bought my 2nd jeep, a 2008 JKUR. Working for the Sheriff's Office, having a house, and a wife, and our first child, I did not have a lot to spend on this one, but still it had a 4" lift, 37's, a nice OR FAB cage, and some beefy bumpers. I loved it. When the economy took a shit, I lost my job, we lost our house, and I had to sell the jeep (which was paid off). Here is one of the last pictures I have of her:

View attachment 114483

Now that we are back on our feet, back to being homeowners, and I have both my kids in public school (and am no longer paying $1,650 in daycare!), I once again will be a Jeep owner this Saturday - THANK GOD. Here is what I ordered:
- 2015 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
- 24R Package
- Auto
- Firecracker Red
- Black Cloth
- Remote Start
- Heated front seats
- Body color hard top
- Max Tow package
- Air with auto temp
- Connectivity group

I currently have my free and clear 2003 Infinity FX 35 up for sale. Everything I get for that will go into mods for the Jeep. I have been doing a lot of research, and picked Eddies brain pretty well and I will post a build thread when I get started. The basic plans are EVO bolt on coilovers, 37" Nitto's, ATX Slabs, and well, I love the evo stuff so more and more of that :)

This forum is a very Evo friendly place, (who can blame them?) so you shouldn't have a hard time fitting in. I'll be looking forward to the build. Cheers

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
A Long overdue Welcome to Wayalife! those are two nice old rigs and congrats on the new '15!!!

Welcome to WayaLife !!! From a fellow Scottsdale Jeeper. Nice rigs, can wait to see the new one, I'm sure we'll see that red EVO decked out rig around town... Hope to meet you on the trail in the future.:yup: :thumb:

Templar

Thanks everyone! Picked up the Jeep Saturday and 1,200 miles later we are home. It feels so good to have a Jeep again... My son is loving his new Jeep as well. Here is a pic of my son, my dad, and the new Jeep :)

1418608070063.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom