Advice on MOAB in October

All, I have been wanting to take a trip to MOAB and it looks like October 10 is the earliest I can get there. I am driving out from Virginia with the Jeep on a trailer. I have never been there before and am unsure if October is too late in the season. What say you?

I'm also interested in responses. I've been in April and May but never late in the year. I'm contemplating a trip the week before thanksgiving.

We were there for Thanksgiving last year and the weather was perfect. High 60s- low 70s during the day. Nights got down to high-mid 30s.

Thanks! Looks like I'll be making a trip in November 16-20

I got back early last week. You will have a fabulous time. For me the weather was great. Daytime temps were cool, long sleeves, nights were chilly, mid 30's.
I also found that the trails were not crowded at all, but I was happy to see a few others out, just in case I had trouble.
The hotels were booked pretty solid, but we were able to find lodging.

Don't forget to get your trail stickers while you are there. I missed a couple and am kicking myself cause I can't find them online.
Also, try the Sunset Grill for dinner, the prime rib was fabulous. The Atomic was also good, try the Elk Stew.

Top Bottom