Aftermarket Seat Options?

Diddle_JKU

On a Mastercraft seat? Deal with it or buy one of their booster seat cushions. You might be able to stack washers and use longer bolts to raise your seat mounts but really, I think you could just deal with it.

In addition to that, I called MC and spoke with a lady and she suggested pretty much the same -- longer bolts and spacers. She said some of their customers have done it with great success. Oddly she also told me that they frequently get calls from their customers asking how to get their seats lower -- so MC either has tall customers or I am a very short 5 feet 10 inch human!

Thanks for all the input everyone, much appreciated!

GraniteCrystal

Here's a couple of shots with a Rock Hard harness bar installed.
main.php

Unrelated a bit, but based on position of that cross bar, looks like the mastercraft are thinner and would give more leg room for second row passengers than stock Subicon seats. Confirm?

EDIT: or maybe they're just slid all the way forward in that pic?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unrelated a bit, but based on position of that cross bar, looks like the mastercraft are thinner and would give more leg room for second row passengers than stock Subicon seats. Confirm?

EDIT: or maybe they're just slid all the way forward in that pic?

I this photo, the seats are set about where I like them to be. The can definitely go back further but I'm just a short 5'-7".

AdrockTT

I this photo, the seats are set about where I like them to be. The can definitely go back further but I'm just a short 5'-7".

Eddie - is that the Rock Hard 4x4 harness bar? How do the backseat passengers do with the cross bar? Would you recommend it? Might consider a setup like this in the future...Thanks!

Diddle_JKU

Okay, must ask -- 5'-7" and using MC seats and a cage that has a bar across that dash, so any issues with line of sight when wheeling, obstacles or narrow 'Holy Shit' shelf roads? Also, the MC seats that you're running, are they fixed back or reclining? Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie - is that the Rock Hard 4x4 harness bar? How do the backseat passengers do with the cross bar? Would you recommend it? Might consider a setup like this in the future...Thanks!

Yes, it is a Rock Hard harness bar. I pulled the driver side rear seat out a while back and carry a fridge there but on the passenger side, I do have a pad on the bar for just in case. It's otherwise not a problem for them and it's something to hold on to like a chicken bar.

Okay, must ask -- 5'-7" and using MC seats and a cage that has a bar across that dash, so any issues with line of sight when wheeling, obstacles or narrow 'Holy Shit' shelf roads? Also, the MC seats that you're running, are they fixed back or reclining? Thanks

I have the Baja RS seats and they recline. Needless to say, the extra room behind the seat does allow for that and it's nice to have. Being that this is in a 2007 JK, the seat being lower is not a problem for me and trust me, I've been on a lot of "holy shit" shelf roads with it and don't have a problem. If needed, I just sit more upright and pull myself up to the steering wheel as needed. Cindy is 5'-4" and the lower seat can be an issue for her. For that, we do have the MC booster seat or in a pinch, she just sits on a hoodie or jacket.

metalic

I'm 6'4" too and my head is way to close to the cage. I almost ordered the mastercraft seats the day I drove it off the lot. This was my only concern. now the I finally talked to someone who has them, I'm sold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app
You won't be disappointed especially if you wheel all day. I've found I don't feel so tired after a full day of wheeling.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hot94Z28

What seat does Brute run? I remember him saying it was very comfortable for people that have back issues? My wife is short and has had back issues. So the Mastercraft seats is not looking like something she would be in to.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What seat does Brute run? I remember him saying it was very comfortable for people that have back issues? My wife is short and has had back issues. So the Mastercraft seats is not looking like something she would be in to.

If I recall, he's running Corbeau Baja XRS seats. You should know that most racing seats are meant to keep you in place and therefore, can be pretty tough to get in and out of. Something to think about if your wife has back issues.

Hot94Z28

If I recall, he's running Corbeau Baja XRS seats. You should know that most racing seats are meant to keep you in place and therefore, can be pretty tough to get in and out of. Something to think about if your wife has back issues.

I was wanting something with more support than factory, and something she would like for comfort.

I'm guessing this is why I can't seem to find something I want to buy yet.

Edit: Also was these the seats he had in his rubicon, not the one with the hell cat motor.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was wanting something with more support than factory, and something she would like for comfort.

I'm guessing this is why I can't seem to find something I want to buy yet.

You can get Mastercraft seats with lumbar adjustments and that can help make them a lot more comfortable than factory seats. The Baja RS's are convenient in that they recline and are smaller but I personally don't think they're as comfortable as their fixed seats. But again, it's the high sides that hold your legs in can be tough to get in and out of.

Hot94Z28

You can get Mastercraft seats with lumbar adjustments and that can help make them a lot more comfortable than factory seats. The Baja RS's are convenient in that they recline and are smaller but I personally don't think they're as comfortable as their fixed seats. But again, it's the high sides that hold your legs in can be tough to get in and out of.

Thank you for the input, wish I had some people close to me that ran different seats to maybe get to try out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the input, wish I had some people close to me that ran different seats to maybe get to try out.

That really is the best way to know. Mastercraft does attend some off road shows and they typically bring out all their seats for people to test out. It's a shame they don't have them available everywhere.

Top Bottom