Air compressor for lockers

suicideking

I need to add a small air compressor just to run my locker. I have an ARB rear locker. Rubi E locker up front, but may add an air locker eventually. So it should be able to handle 2 lockers.

I already have the ARB twin for airing up. It's installed under the passenger seat which is really annoying while wheeling (noise). So looking to get a small one that can go under the hood + not put wear and tear on the twin.

Also, with the small compressors, do I need to worry about duty cycle? I don't want to get something that might overheat on a hot day and a hard trail.

sean.m.adams33

I had the twin in my old jeep and used it for lockers and airing up. Mounted it in the back of the jeep. They make a mount under the hood now for the twin. I believe cozdude has it installed in his jeep.

I had the twin in my old jeep and used it for lockers and airing up. Mounted it in the back of the jeep. They make a mount under the hood now for the twin. I believe cozdude has it installed in his jeep.

I have one as well. M.O.R.E Off-road makes an under hood mount for the twin compressor. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402898213.699682.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I knew there was someone else that had it! Or maybe it was you who I was thinking of. Either way, good option.

Lol you were right Sean I have the exact same set up as ridgerunner. I have the more under hood mount for the twin. Zero issues over here. It can get hot but it has yet to overheat on me when airing up. Also when I have locked i hve never had it cycle to keep more air in the locker.

Sent from my iPhone

suicideking

I thought about getting that dual battery mount. I just figure by the time I buy the mount and pay all the labor to have everything moved, probably less expensive to just get a small compressor just for the locker and then only use the twin for airing up (assuming it can be fixed).

Rottenbelly

I use the ARB single under the hood for just my lockers. The added a dual Viair 480c setup for tires and tools.
The ARB single can air up tires ok but I didn't want to stress it and end up not having lockers.

Serg5000

If I were you. I would move the annoying compressor from inside the cab to outside the cab. There are two benefits to this. You eliminate the interior compressor noise. And you can use it for all your air needs. Lockers, airing up, tools.

UpsideUp

I have one as well. M.O.R.E Off-road makes an under hood mount for the twin compressor. View attachment 87730

Not to high jack the thread but I had a question. I notice that you are running a manifold with you airline chuck in it. Does that come with the double compressor or is that an additional part that you added? And is that a common method of running your tire filling or can you just run straight from the compressor?
Sorry...I think that's like 3 or 4 questions. LoL

suicideking

If I were you. I would move the annoying compressor from inside the cab to outside the cab. There are two benefits to this. You eliminate the interior compressor noise. And you can use it for all your air needs. Lockers, airing up, tools.

That mount is $100 and looks like the small ARB compressor is $160. So probably less labor to just mount a new compressor for the locker and then I also won't have a single point of failure. My compressor died in Johnson Valley (black diamond for those not in the area). Luckily it died when I went to air up. If it had died on the trail, I would've had a rough day.

Serg5000

That mount is $100 and looks like the small ARB compressor is $160. So probably less labor to just mount a new compressor for the locker and then I also won't have a single point of failure. My compressor died in Johnson Valley (black diamond for those not in the area). Luckily it died when I went to air up. If it had died on the trail, I would've had a rough day.

If that makes more sense to you then by all means. Purchase away. Personally I don't see this as something I would do. Good luck either way.

suicideking

If that makes more sense to you then by all means. Purchase away. Personally I don't see this as something I would do. Good luck either way.

Partly because of the cost of the dual, I figure only using it for airing up will extend it's life.

I just figure 2 heads is better than one. Or in this case, 3 heads.... :D

Top Bottom