Alaska Off-Road Warriors

Wardell

A friend of mine sent me a link to an Alaska offroading forum thread by someone recruiting for a "History Channel Offroading Show." They didn't specifically say it's for Alaska Off Road Warriors, but they are from the same production company. So, it looks like there's gonna be a season two...

Oddly enough, the few people who commented there so far have said similar things we have (too much drama & not enough real wheeling, should have better built rigs, etc) and that they wouldn't go for it.

Anybody crazy enough to give it a go?

longarmwj

I would give it a go for sure. It's all staged anyway, you wouldn't have to do much but pretend to hate your competitors and follow the script :rolleyes2:

JohnnyD

Oh hell yeah...even do it with my rig...chance to wheel that terrain...not even a question ...staged or not I'm in....make a mockery of me or not...don't care ....you buyin I'm flyin

Wardell

I'd certainly love to wheel over that terrain. It's on my bucket list already! Depending on how my Jeep build goes this spring, I'm planing on taking the trip to Alaska this summer anyway.

That said, I personally wouldn't sign up for anything where the production company reserves the right to edit things for "entertainment value." The show wasn't actually scripted, but they did take the footatge way out of context and create a "script" from whatever was caught on camera. They even made the "cast" wear the same clothes every day so they could splice things together as they see fit, even if it wasn't filmed on the same trail (Carl Jantz had joked about having to bring four red t-shirts because of this). If they wanted to do an honest documentary I'd be all for it, but unfortunately that's not the case.

Hell, this is exactly why Nuna Logistics kicked Original Productions off the Tibbitt to Contwoyto Ice Road after the first season of Ice Road Truckers. Their "creative editing" made the truckers look like a bunch of cash hungry clowns and was giving them bad press.

Top Bottom