All things Colorado

boardsurfer

Yea, this is definitely getting serious. She is a med-peds resident right now, finishing up here at Baylor. And UC Denver has one of the best med-peds programs in the country, so it would be a perfect fit for her and us. My fingers are crossed, and thanks for offering up some help. I've already started browsing housing just to get an idea of what prices are like out there - definitely looking west - Lakewood, Golden, Arvada, all look like awesome places. We are super excited!

I would definitely prefer the west side for living as well, but that would be a pretty nasty drive to UC Denver medical center. Good luck to you and your wife!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Pueblo sucks donkey balls! Very few contractors worth a fuck! My wife and have been talking about getting a contractor license we are dependable and know what we are doing. Not that many restaurants a few good ones we visit, there is the lake very nice with tons of hiking/walking/biking trails. However, it is very green, affordable housing, not as congested and less than 45 minutes to COS.

jeepbn

Haha, trail lice is a term we came up with regarding all the side by sides (razors) that race through the forest and ride your ass reving their engines until you can find a spot to let them pass. Not all of them are that way, but the majority are.
I had a group of guys on ATVs get pissy because my friends and I were taking out time one by one to get thru a mud pit. One of em said "I fucking hate Jeeps!"

My turn happened and then went around , so I was flying thru this mud pit while they went around it. I came out right next to the one that made the comment and said "I fucking love jeeps!"

He replied "Mines still better!" and then proceeded to rip off down the trail to show off. I guess he didn't know about the second mud pit... He slammed on the brakes, almost flying over the handlebars while doing so. And then ran over a root and was stuck.

His slow turn and look back at me was one of the most fulfilling moments of my life. I love Karma.

16 JKU 6MT
Granite Crystal Metallic

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Haha, trail lice is a term we came up with regarding all the side by sides (razors) that race through the forest and ride your ass reving their engines until you can find a spot to let them pass. Not all of them are that way, but the majority are.

And stirring up a hell of a lot of dust. Going up trails between Ouray and Silverton, I'd have the same ones pass me 10 times.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kyle7R

Pueblo sucks donkey balls! Very few contractors worth a fuck! My wife and have been talking about getting a contractor license we are dependable and know what we are doing. Not that many restaurants a few good ones we visit, there is the lake very nice with tons of hiking/walking/biking trails. However, it is very green, affordable housing, not as congested and less than 45 minutes to COS.
I've been told there are only two places that suck completely in Colorado, Pueblo and I don't remember the other...maybe Greeley?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Greeley has a certain stench about it, there are a lot of meat processing plants in the area.
On a cold day you can smell Greeley down wind, and that usually means snow is coming.
It is not a bad town, just stinky on occasion.
:beer:

I've been told there are only two places that suck completely in Colorado, Pueblo and I don't remember the other...maybe Greeley?

WJCO

Meme King

Greeley has a certain stench about it, there are a lot of meat processing plants in the area.
On a cold day you can smell Greeley down wind, and that usually means snow is coming.
It is not a bad town, just stinky on occasion.
:beer:

Yes. Greeley sucks.

JKHades

Not wanting to change the subject too much, but this thread seems to be full of experts on the area.

I'm trying to plan a wheeling trip to Colorado in July and have been reading mixed reviews on many trails. I was wondering if any of you could suggest trails that would challenge, but not break our Jeeps. Our least built rig is a JK with 33s and open diffs, but we all have winches. We are trying to get a mix of rock crawling and exploring. However, I am open to any and all suggestions.

WJCO

Meme King
Not wanting to change the subject too much, but this thread seems to be full of experts on the area.

I'm trying to plan a wheeling trip to Colorado in July and have been reading mixed reviews on many trails. I was wondering if any of you could suggest trails that would challenge, but not break our Jeeps. Our least built rig is a JK with 33s and open diffs, but we all have winches. We are trying to get a mix of rock crawling and exploring. However, I am open to any and all suggestions.

What area will you be likely staying in?

blackrubi14

I had a group of guys on ATVs get pissy because my friends and I were taking out time one by one to get thru a mud pit. One of em said "I fucking hate Jeeps!"

My turn happened and then went around , so I was flying thru this mud pit while they went around it. I came out right next to the one that made the comment and said "I fucking love jeeps!"

He replied "Mines still better!" and then proceeded to rip off down the trail to show off. I guess he didn't know about the second mud pit... He slammed on the brakes, almost flying over the handlebars while doing so. And then ran over a root and was stuck.

His slow turn and look back at me was one of the most fulfilling moments of my life. I love Karma.

16 JKU 6MT
Granite Crystal Metallic

That woulda been great if he would have went over the bars and head first in the mud pit.........

blackrubi14

And stirring up a hell of a lot of dust. Going up trails between Ouray and Silverton, I'd have the same ones pass me 10 times.

Maybe I'm just an asshole, but I think it'd be great if they (razors) were banned from all NF. We go to Colorado for a week long camping/jeeping trip every year, they're everywhere, and getting worse every year. Every time we stop to take in the view, here comes the trail lice to fuck everything up......

Maybe I'm just an asshole, but I think it'd be great if they (razors) were banned from all NF. We go to Colorado for a week long camping/jeeping trip every year, they're everywhere, and getting worse every year. Every time we stop to take in the view, here comes the trail lice to fuck everything up......

If you're an asshole, consider me one too. I feel the same exact way every time I go off-road.

And even worse are the ones with glow stick lights blasting bass music. That happens a lot here in TX.

catahoula

Caught the Bug

If you're an asshole, consider me one too. I feel the same exact way every time I go off-road.

And even worse are the ones with glow stick lights blasting bass music. That happens a lot here in TX.

Hi assholes from an asshole!:standing wave:

They are big here! I come across them here too. Sometimes it reminds me of rush hour traffic.

Top Bottom