American Sniper

Armydog

Going to see it with the guys tomorrow for an MRW activity, or call it NCODP...... whatever floats it for ya, looking forward to this one.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Going to see it with the guys tomorrow for an MRW activity, or call it NCODP...... whatever floats it for ya, looking forward to this one.

Nice, I think you'll enjoy it. They did a pre screening of the movie here last week. I remember when Restrepo came out it was mandatory for us to go see it as an NCOPD. Then we had to discuss mistakes made, etc.

Jaydoc1

Okay this was an unbelievable movie. If you have IMAX available I would highly recommend it! Eastwood and Cooper have done an amazing job.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Nice, I think you'll enjoy it. They did a pre screening of the movie here last week. I remember when Restrepo came out it was mandatory for us to go see it as an NCOPD. Then we had to discuss mistakes made, etc.

Their follow up documentary "Korengal" is streaming on Netflix.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
If you go to a website called niter.tv

You will be able to watch American Sniper as me and my wife watched it the other night. Its an incredible movie and highly recommend it :thumb:

MTG

Caught the Bug

You will be able to watch American Sniper as me and my wife watched it the other night. Its an incredible movie and highly recommend it :thumb:

I assume this is for free or otherwise pirated. :idontknow:

As much as I like getting things for free, I'd rather pay a few bucks and see this movie…particularly if some of the proceeds from the sales go to help support the family of Chris Kyle. :yup:

Oh and not to mention the whole slew of legal issues associated with this. Of course, if it's legit please disregard the above. :crazyeyes:

Jackal01

As much as I like getting things for free, I'd rather pay a few bucks and see this movie…particularly if some of the proceeds from the sales go to help support the family of Chris Kyle. :yup:

Oh and not to mention the whole slew of legal issues associated with this. Of course, if it's legit please disregard the above. :crazyeyes:

I just tried it and it is free for sure.

I will be waiting to see it in the theater, though. I want my money going to support the Kyle family/widow also.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Can you provide some information establishing that this service is actually lawful in the United States? I just don't see how it could be.

If it is legal I will promptly apologize. If it's not, then why the hell post that up on this forum?

In my opinion anyone who watches a pirated and unreleased movie sucks donkey dicks. People work hard to create things and their IP rights and copyrights should be respected.

Jaydoc1

Can you provide some information establishing that this service is actually lawful in the United States? I just don't see how it could be.

If it is legal I will promptly apologize. If it's not, then why the hell post that up on this forum?

In my opinion anyone who watches a pirated and unreleased movie sucks donkey dicks. People work hard to create things and their IP rights and copyrights should be respected.

Agreed! I'll also apologize if this is on the up and up (which it quite obviously isn't). Why people think that it's okay to steal digital media is beyond me. Stealing is stealing.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug

I don't know honestly my wife just said that one of her co-workers found it and started watching the movie to be 100% honest.

I definitely agree supporting the Kyle family for their loss. Chris Kyle was a man that did his duty and only wished he could of saved more as I remember it in the movie. It was amazing what he went through so much to save the lives of others and other veterans.

I just tried it and it is free for sure.

I will be waiting to see it in the theater, though. I want my money going to support the Kyle family/widow also.

I agree I'm still gonna go see it theaters too just like everyone else is saying to support the family I'm all for that :thumb:

I don't have any information to be honest I just got on it that one time to watch the movie and havn't been to it since then. I mean it seemed legal but I didn't really go deep into the site for extra information on it.

I agree 100% percent that people work really hard to create the things that we see, use in our everyday lives. My wife was just anxious to watch it so we did.

Agreed! I'll also apologize if this is on the up and up (which it quite obviously isn't). Why people think that it's okay to steal digital media is beyond me. Stealing is stealing.

True now that I think about it how in the world did that site get the movie in the first place. Good question gonna have to watch out for that alittle better next time :thumb:

Armydog

Yes. Eastwood got it right. I have one little problem with the movie, but overall I found it enjoyable, true to life as it could be given the topic and a honorable tribute to the legend and his family.

noroad

Yes. Eastwood got it right. I have one little problem with the movie, but overall I found it enjoyable, true to life as it could be given the topic and a honorable tribute to the legend and his family.

agreed and such a sad story on how he died!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
At the risk of having this spin way out of control (hopefully it won't go that way)...

For those of you who have actually seen the movie, do you think it is too much for a well-adjusted almost 13 yr old to see? I'm thinking of taking my son tonight. I know every kid is different and exposure to violence and tough themes is a hugely personal parental choice. I am of the belief that seeing this type of movie can be powerful in a positive way for certain kids, but I also recognize some movies may be just too powerful and/or graphic for certain ages. So, what say you?

noroad

At the risk of having this spin way out of control (hopefully it won't go that way)...

For those of you who have actually seen the movie, do you think it is too much for a well-adjusted almost 13 yr old to see? I'm thinking of taking my son tonight. I know every kid is different and exposure to violence and tough themes is a hugely personal parental choice. I am of the belief that seeing this type of movie can be powerful in a positive way for certain kids, but I also recognize some movies may be just too powerful and/or graphic for certain ages. So, what say you?

well adjusted, I say yes this movie was very well balances and is easy to pick up on the issues at hand.

edit i wouldnt say to powerful but deff eye opening for people that might not have seen/know how war affects people. and it was not that graphic outside of blood splat or no guts or stuff like that

Last edited:

SilverBack

If he is well adjusted and patriotic he will be fine. There is a deep message that can be taken away from the life of this American Hero.

Top Bottom