any how to's on installing LED w/halo DRL?

hawklee

Im installing my 7in LED headlights today and can get them in and working low/high but can't figure out where to plug in or connect the red wire for DRL/Angel eyes and the Green for the turning light.
The manual or slip of paper i received was a joke...it says plug in the wires.

JakeJK

Im installing my 7in LED headlights today and can get them in and working low/high but can't figure out where to plug in or connect the red wire for DRL/Angel eyes and the Green for the turning light.
The manual or slip of paper i received was a joke...it says plug in the wires.

Is there a separate switch for the halos?

I'd assume splice the red Into your running lights power and what do you mean by turning light?

hawklee

Is there a separate switch for the halos?

I'd assume splice the red Into your running lights power and what do you mean by turning light?

no switches that i can find

normal connection for bulb is completed and works low/high beams
Red coming from new light is the DRL which is the halo.
Green is also the halo but is supposed to connect to the turn signal so halo flashes when turn signal is used. (not to concerned about this feature though)

end of red and green are clips that should connect or plug in somewhere but its about a 3 inch wire, so not sure what to connect it to

jeeeep

Hooked

Green is also the halo but is supposed to connect to the turn signal so halo flashes when turn signal is used. (not to concerned about this feature though)

end of red and green are clips that should connect or plug in somewhere but its about a 3 inch wire, so not sure what to connect it to

connect the DRL to your existing DRL hot wire or if you don't have existing DRL, connect it to your parking lamp hot wire (this is what I did) use the posi-tap style connector if you can find them, IMO they work and hold better

if you want to use the turn signal, connect it to the hot wire of your turn signal, you may need to get a circuit light tester to determine which wire.

Last edited:

hawklee

connect the DRL to your existing DRL hot wire or if you don't have existing DRL, connect it to your parking lamp hot wire (this is what I did) use the posi-tap style connector if you can find them, IMO they work and hold better

if you want to use the turn signal, connect it to the hot wire of your turn signal, you may need to get a circuit light tester to determine which wire.

how do i know which is parking lamp hot wire?

JakeJK

If it's a connector like this View attachment 172746

Then it may be there for use with a t-tap, it does the same thing as the posi connector, so could get a t tap or cut off the connector and use a posi tap, not sure how to find the blinker wire, jeeep had an idea I'd probably do that

JakeJK

how do i know which is parking lamp hot wire?

Parking lamp is the little light below the headlight I think you could unplug the harness on the parking light, use an ammeter to check which direction the current is flowing to determine which is the power wire and which is ground

jeeeep

Hooked
if they didn't include the connector you can clip it and use the one I mentioned.

This is from my 2010, the center wire is the parking/DRL, the other white is the turn, black is ground - again this is for 2010

posi-tap_halo.jpg

hawklee

if they didn't include the connector you can clip it and use the one I mentioned.

This is from my 2010, the center wire is the parking/DRL, the other white is the turn, black is ground - again this is for 2010

So do you have to leave your lights on 'parking lights'? As opposed to off or auto

jeeeep

Hooked
So do you have to leave your lights on 'parking lights'? As opposed to off or auto

no, I don't leave them on. I don't have auto DRL so I just turn on the parking lights when I want them on.

If you have auto DRL I think there's another wire to connect to.

I just unplugged the parking light and used a simple light tester to identify which wire was 'live' when I turned on the lights.

Top Bottom