Anybody put an exhaust in their jeep or cold air intake? Thoughts?

For your theory to work you'd need to confirm that the air box and exhaust is what's limiting the airflow through the engine. In most modern cars that's not the case

And that is exactly correct. With fuel injection systems, you control everything with the ECU. Now with carburetors, ram air was a good way to increase horsepower. Then you start talking turbo aspirated engines and that is now injecting pressurized air, something entirely different.

Cold air and promptly took it off...no benefits whatsoever except made me heavy foot gas pedal to hear ir!

I am thinking of a Dynomax low profile muffler for rock crawling though....just can figure out which one is quietest.

Trying to get good gas mileage on a Jeep? Don't do any upgrades.....well except for a stubby antenna.

I put a Banks CAI and exhaust on my 16. I have found the jeep to run a bit better and I defiantly gained a couple more MPG (around 4 to 5). It isn't too loud and I did also install a pre-filter to aid in some of the finer particulate matter.

I didn't notice any difference in my banks CAI! Other than more noise coming from the motor. It sounded cool at first but got to be annoying after a while.
If there was that much of an increase in power and mpg it wouldn't be sitting in a box on my garage floor taking up space. But than again I'm running stock exhaust because I like how quiet it is. That must be the key [emoji33]

I am thinking of a Dynomax low profile muffler for rock crawling though....just can figure out which one is quietest.

The Dynomax is decently loud but the exhaust leak in my exhaust manifold cancels that out. It is out of the way and I haven't snagged it on anything yet. Don't sit in the jeep with the motor running for a long period of time. The exhaust dumps out right under the driver (2 door). Stay away from the sleepy demon...

I didn't notice any difference in my banks CAI! Other than more noise coming from the motor. It sounded cool at first but got to be annoying after a while.
If there was that much of an increase in power and mpg it wouldn't be sitting in a box on my garage floor taking up space. But than again I'm running stock exhaust because I like how quiet it is. That must be the key [emoji33]

I did the exhaust first. Don't know about power but I did see a bump in MPG. When I coupled it with the CAI it gained a few more. I didn't dyno anything, but it feels quicker and feels like it's a bit more powerful. Whatever folks like I guess.

Love my dynomax exhaust! Speaking of, Matt I might need a new not so high clearanced muffler ;)

I have the dynomax ultra flow kit on my JKUR. Love the sound. It's just loud enough that everyone can tell it's not stock yet it's not annoying to drive. Can't really vouch for sound on the highway as the mud grapplers drown everything out. Sometimes I wonder if the jeeps even running.

Top Bottom