Anyone experience this......

Buddwiser

I have a 2022 JL that I received from the dealer 6 weeks ago. 6 speed manual, 3.6 gas. Being a stick shift it does not have remote start however....during the 6 weeks I have had it, it has started without any assistance from me over a dozen times. twice just today. Every time this has happened, its in neutral, parking brakes set and engine turned off. I have contacted the dealership who said they were going to check with Stellantis to see if this has occurred with other JL's but they told me today (after calling them) that there are no other reports of this malfunction. I have an appointment with the dealership Tuesday AM and hope to get an answer to what is happening and why but I thought I'd check with a few thousand Jeep owners first. Thanks for any information you may be able to provide............Dennis

Buddwiser

It’s tired of sitting take it out and drive the shit out of it if its a real Jeep it won’t want to run for a few days .
(y) Unless they have to keep it for a bit, I'll be on my way to my place in the northern part of the "thumb" as soon as I leave the dealership.

Buddwiser

An up date on the remote starting and an apology for taking so long......So....the dealership had it for 4 days, wound up supposedly bringing people in from Corporate headquarters (not all that far away) but no one could figure out what/why it was doing what it was doing...bummer. Upside they loaned me a Gladiator Rubicon...damn...now I want one. Anyhow, my wife gets on the computer and finds a place called JeepGarage.com and looky here....a few pages dedicated to this problem the dealer or Corporate can't figure out nor heard of. Turns out its the stop/start feature. When I parked it, I put it in neutral, set the parking brake and shut it off. The computer thinks we are sitting at a light so it turned the car back on. Recommendation is to put it in gear with the clutch depressed and then shut it off. So far that has worked but just for giggles, I disconnected the stop/start feature but then got a warning light and icon on the dash screen telling me the hood was open but it wasn't so I reconnected the stop/start thingy and will live with putting the car in gear when parking. As a side note, I find it hard to do that as I drove semis for 40 years and the gentleman (my FIL) who taught me to drive (in his semi) would bop me over the head if I did that so I never left a manual vehicle in neutral all those years.

trailraider

An up date on the remote starting and an apology for taking so long......So....the dealership had it for 4 days, wound up supposedly bringing people in from Corporate headquarters (not all that far away) but no one could figure out what/why it was doing what it was doing...bummer. Upside they loaned me a Gladiator Rubicon...damn...now I want one. Anyhow, my wife gets on the computer and finds a place called JeepGarage.com and looky here....a few pages dedicated to this problem the dealer or Corporate can't figure out nor heard of. Turns out its the stop/start feature. When I parked it, I put it in neutral, set the parking brake and shut it off. The computer thinks we are sitting at a light so it turned the car back on. Recommendation is to put it in gear with the clutch depressed and then shut it off. So far that has worked but just for giggles, I disconnected the stop/start feature but then got a warning light and icon on the dash screen telling me the hood was open but it wasn't so I reconnected the stop/start thingy and will live with putting the car in gear when parking. As a side note, I find it hard to do that as I drove semis for 40 years and the gentleman (my FIL) who taught me to drive (in his semi) would bop me over the head if I did that so I never left a manual vehicle in neutral all those years.
good to hear you have not had an issue. I have not seen or heard of this issue at all yet.

Side note. I don't think I have ever left a manual in neutral when parked , ever.

Top Bottom