Anyone run with sway bar disconnected all the time?

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Well the post was originated to put safety aside for a second (its always a number one priority) and see if there would be any other negative effect to the jeep. I would recommend it for the one time you to have to make a quick maneuver. :thumb:

Tranquillity

Is it legal in your area ? It is not where I live. I would not go on the highway disconnected, it's like holding on a grenade without the safety pin :twocents:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
To answer your question and end this thread, no there are no ill effects to your rig from running disconnected.

SPIELUHR

I agree with Jeepinlife safety wasn't the original purpose of this thread of coarse we all know its safer to run with it connected im more concerned if I decided to go on a wheelin trip and decided to disconnect them before I left since I don't have quick disconnects. I don't think anyone would want to sit around while I wrench them off on the trail, so would it cause any negative effects to the jeep running it like that. sorry if I worded it different in my last post

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I agree with Jeepinlife safety wasn't the original purpose of this thread of coarse we all know its safer to run with it connected im more concerned if I decided to go on a wheelin trip and decided to disconnect them before I left since I don't have quick disconnects. I don't think anyone would want to sit around while I wrench them off on the trail, so would it cause any negative effects to the jeep running it like that. sorry if I worded it different in my last post

You can disconnect in the time it takes to air down. Doesn't take too long.

Dave_g

I had mine disconnected for about 2 weeks while I was waiting on some new EVO ones after I flipped my RK ones.

Top Bottom