Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAGS

Hooked
Ha! That's easy Mr. Flyboy, and I won't even charge you a dime.

(1) Abortion - I think it is unfortunate and sad that some people use abortion as a means of birth control, but I am absolutely against making abortion categorically illegal because doing so makes zero economic sense. If you want abortion outlawed, fine, then you can be on the hook for paying for the social services for 18+ years of all of the unwanted children (in the millions each year), many of whom will be born into poverty, single-parent households, and emotional squalor. I already pay enough in taxes and have no interest in paying more. Frankly, I don't understand how anyone who cares about long term economic policy can reasonably be in favor of making abortion illegal.

(2) Death Penalty - I have no moral problem with putting someone to death. I believe there are certain people who are so defectively wired that they have no place in our society. That said, I think the death penalty should be abolished. It makes no economic sense because it costs far more to put someone to death than it does to keep them alive and in prison forever. I could easily say that we should just apply it far less often (in less situations) but far more swiftly (with limited right of appeal) but, in reality, I know that will never happen because our Constitution requires a certain amount of due process. So, in the end, the death penalty does not make dollars and sense (see what I did there?)

(3) Illegal Immigration - neither party really cares about illegal immigration because both parties benefit from it. Frankly, the American people benefit from it. You want to stop it? Start putting the business owners and individuals who hire illegal immigrants in jail. Moreover, the immigration system is a train wreck because there is a huge incentive to come here illegally. It should be profoundly easier to come here legally and profoundly harder to come here illegally. In addition to that, unless you are willing to start paying $15 for a head of lettuce, we need to seriously look at expanding our migrant worker programs (don't tell me that jobs are being taken from Americans...I haven't met an American yet that is willing to pick vegetables in the hot central valley heat, or clean toilets and rooms at hotels, for $5 an hour).

(4) Gun Control - you do not have some "God" given right to own whatever the hell you want to own and use it in whatever the hell way you want to use it. We live in a nation of laws. Those laws were created by people...not by some benevolent "God". In a civilized society, people have to be willing to make compromises that balance social utility with social risk. That same balancing act must be applied to gun ownership. Sorry, but you don't get to have a rocket launcher...or armor piercing bullets.

(5) Gay Marriage - If you think gay marriage lessens the value and legitimacy of your own marriage, then I feel badly for your spouse. Regardless, it's difficult for me to hear people complain about the degradation of marriage when more than 50% of marriages end up in divorce and an even greater number of marriages suffer through physical and mental abuse, and infidelity. In my opinion, the government should not be in the business of marriage at all. I don't need local officials telling me that my love for my wife is real or legitimate any more than I need your church to do so.

I have a feeling that your God (and related teachings) guide who you are and what you think. That's great, I have no issue with that...until you start telling me that I have to have the same beliefs.

As an aside, I find it ironic that you continue to make quips about me being a lawyer, and about your belief that I don't have a position unless I am paid to have one. Of the two of us, you (the pilot and trucker) are the one who gets paid to take people where they want to go, or to haul people's shit to where they want it hauled. I'm pretty sure that makes you the bitch, not me.

“Mic” drop. Seems fitting here.

Kuboske

“Mic” drop. Seems fitting here.
You like that, huh, JAGS.
My views are clearly known here.
The request earlier was, would anyone care to explain their support for Joe Biden, or that Harris, woman. You seem distinctly left if center...
Why don't you let us know?
A simple, "I hate Trump", doesn't count.
Your turn, fire away.

JAGS

Hooked
You like that, huh, JAGS.
My views are clearly known here.
The request earlier was, would anyone care to explain their support for Joe Biden, or that Harris, woman. You seem distinctly left if center...
Why don't you let us know?
A simple, "I hate Trump", doesn't count.
Your turn, fire away.

Lol. That’s the best bait you got? I’m not about to answer to you or anyone else here. But especially you because you come across like a prick.

I’ve made my public views very clear before. Stated here again if you’ve missed them.

IMG_1616.JPG

Kuboske

Lol. That’s the best bait you got? I’m not about to answer to you or anyone else here. But especially you because you come across like a prick.

I’ve made my public views very clear before. Stated here again if you’ve missed them.

View attachment 358920

I just thought I'd, pick up that, "dropped mic", and hand it to you. So... you could tell us why you love Ol' Joe.
Sorry, I hurt your tender feelings.
Tell you what, go ahead and tell us why, and, I PROMISE, I won't criticize you.
And if I break my promise, you can run and tell the teacher...

P.S. I don't even understand your picture. I would guess your saying you're a proud drug user?

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I just thought I'd, pick up that, "dropped mic", and hand it to you. So... you could tell us why you love Ol' Joe.
Sorry, I hurt your tender feelings.
Tell you what, go ahead and tell us why, and, I PROMISE, I won't criticize you.
And if I break my promise, you can run and tell the teacher...

P.S. I don't even understand your picture. I would guess your saying you're a proud drug user?

Isn't there another Forum where you can spew your fucking religious and political garbage. This is a Jeep forum. Jesus Christ grow the fuck up already. Sorry if I offended anybody else , but you. Do you understand this one?
Snap27.png

Kuboske

Nice...
Easily offended?
This is the area for, adult, discussions.
In a careful, review of the tapes, I've not called any specific members, of this forum, a "prick"...
Or, any other name.
I have on occasion, generally questioned democrats, intelligence.
Dude... chill. It's like, 3AM, on the west coast.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Nice...
Easily offended?
This is the area for, adult, discussions.
In a careful, review of the tapes, I've not called any specific members, of this forum, a "prick"...
Or, any other name.
I have on occasion, generally questioned democrats, intelligence.
Dude... chill. It's like, 3AM, on the west coast.

I don't get offended by people like you. You're just annoying as hell.
You're not discussing anything with anybody. All your doing is pestering people. You seem to enjoy it. And you really should find another forum because 90% of your posts on this forum are on this thread, that has nothing to do with off-roading and jeeps.
And it's 4:10 pm

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You're not discussing anything with anybody. All your doing is pestering people. You seem to enjoy it. And you really should find another forum because 90% of your posts on this forum are on this thread, that has nothing to do with off-roading and jeeps.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I voted for Biden and Harris. I entirely don't give a shit about your political opinion or have any desire to explain why I did.

Furthermore, the "not Trump" argument doesn't hold any water when the Republican party won the presidential election with Trump when they used the "not Hillary" movement. Half of the voters in Florida voted based on "not Hillary". Not to mention, you can all go fuck off with the communist bullshit. That's a great keyword to use to scare the knuckleheads out there.... or the "country is doomed" rhetoric. The country has made it through Nixon, Clinton (twice), Trump, and Obama; all very different political figures with very different ideologies. If you want to go back to the best generation nonsense, build yourself a time machine. I prefer an 8 speed JL that does 75 on the highway with no problem, air conditioning, and the ability to talk shit on a computer just like everyone else.

I find most of you on here pushing far right so I expect constant bitching for the next 4-8 years. Don't worry, everyone is used to it.

WJCO

Meme King
Not to mention, you can all go fuck off with the communist bullshit. That's a great keyword to use to scare the knuckleheads out there.... or the "country is doomed" rhetoric. The country has made it through Nixon, Clinton (twice), Trump, and Obama; all very different political figures with very different ideologies.

You forgot to include the Bushes. With that being said, I believe with all the administrations you listed, they have caused an incremental decline in our freedom and an increase in a 'communist' style system. The banks and government are getting more powerful and freedom is getting more limited, and the middle class is getting destroyed. And it will continue with the Biden administration of course. His first day in office is a perfect example. If you can't see that Liberties are decreasing and 'communism' in American is increasing, that doesn't surprise me because a lot of people sadly aren't seeing it.

“The best slave is the one who thinks he is free.”

― Johann von Goethe

In the meantime, happy Jeeping though.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
You forgot to include the Bushes. With that being said, I believe with all the administrations you listed, they have caused an incremental decline in our freedom and an increase in a 'communist' style system. The banks and government are getting more powerful and freedom is getting more limited, and the middle class is getting destroyed. And it will continue with the Biden administration of course. His first day in office is a perfect example. If you can't see that Liberties are decreasing and 'communism' in American is increasing, that doesn't surprise me because a lot of people sadly aren't seeing it.

― Johann von Goethe

I would argue that America is becoming an Oligarchy. We already have laws for the have's and then a different set of laws for the have-nots. I'd also argue the have's have spent a considerable amount of money and time convincing the have-not's that instead of becoming an oligarchy we are becoming a communist nation... Easier to steal the remainder of the have-not's money if they're arguing amongst themselves about a communist take over, $X minimum wage, social safety nets, immigrants, etc...

EDIT: But I generally agree the upper middle/middle/lower classes are being destroyed irregardless of the D or R in office. Because ultimately it's the oligarch's political contributions/support that the politicians need to get re-elected.

Last edited:

Kuboske

I'm not here to "pester", anyone. I like history, and political, DEBATE. I enjoy the back and forth with "thinking", members here. They make me think, about my positions. Sharkey took the time to post a long read on his positions, and even though I vehimently disagreed, with three of his points, I gave no criticism. If you think the current, "shit show", as this thread is labeled, is unrelated to politics, you are either delusional, or ignorant. (I'm not calling you stupid). I read alot of posts on this forum, and enjoy the trail stories and, Jeep builds. I just don't usually feel the need to post.

I voted for Biden and Harris. I entirely don't give a shit about your political opinion or have any desire to explain why I did.

Furthermore, the "not Trump" argument doesn't hold any water when the Republican party won the presidential election with Trump when they used the "not Hillary" movement. Half of the voters in Florida voted based on "not Hillary". Not to mention, you can all go fuck off with the communist bullshit. That's a great keyword to use to scare the knuckleheads out there.... or the "country is doomed" rhetoric. The country has made it through Nixon, Clinton (twice), Trump, and Obama; all very different political figures with very different ideologies. If you want to go back to the best generation nonsense, build yourself a time machine. I prefer an 8 speed JL that does 75 on the highway with no problem, air conditioning, and the ability to talk shit on a computer just like everyone else.

I find most of you on here pushing far right so I expect constant bitching for the next 4-8 years. Don't worry, everyone is used to it.
So..., this is yet another, I hate Trump, reason. I know three people in our local group of friends, who voted for Biden. Two, can only say, I hate Trump, or Trump is an idiot, and the other, simply, I just can't vote Repub.
Seriously, I wish a single democrat would give a serious reason, why they love Joe.
And please... don't say, you are a "transgendered man, wanting to go into the womens restroom".

I would argue that America is becoming an Oligarchy. We already have laws for the have's and then a different set of laws for the have-nots. I'd also argue the have's have spent a considerable amount of money and time convincing the have-not's that instead of becoming an oligarchy we are becoming a communist nation... Easier to steal the remainder of the have-not's money if they're arguing amongst themselves about a communist take over, $X minimum wage, social safety nets, immigrants, etc...

EDIT: But I generally agree the upper middle/middle/lower classes are being destroyed irregardless of the D or R in office. Because ultimately it's the oligarch's political contributions/support that the politicians need to get re-elected.
This, is an excellent post.
Sorry the endorsement came from me, I seem to be the pariah, here.

Kuboske

― Johann von Goethe

This post is a home run.
Once again.... sorry.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

I agree with much of this, but with some qualifications. First, I don't think this is something new. Rather, it is a very natural (which is not to say desirable) consequence of capitalism and has been going on since the beginning of our republic. The have's will always want to get more, and keep more of what they get. Second, I actually do believe that ANYONE, no matter what color they are, whether they are formally educated, or to whom they were born in this country, has the ability to become one of the have's if they are willing to put in the necessary time and effort...and are willing to take some risks.

From my perspective, what does seem to be exponentially changing in our country, is that the vast majority of the have not's are, frankly, unwilling to do the things necessary to try to become part of the "have's". Far too many people are lazy, complacent, lack personal responsibility, and just want to go through life as babies nestled in the comforting blanket of government subsidy and "safety". So whose fault is that, the have's...or the have not's?

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I agree with much of this, but with some qualifications. First, I don't think this is something new. Rather, it is a very natural (which is not to say desirable) consequence of capitalism and has been going on since the beginning of our republic. The have's will always want to get more, and keep more of what they get. Second, I actually do believe that ANYONE, no matter what color they are, whether they are formally educated, or to whom they were born in this country, has the ability to become one of the have's if they are willing to put in the necessary time and effort...and are willing to take some risks.

From my perspective, what does seem to be exponentially changing in our country, is that the vast majority of the have not's are, frankly, unwilling to do the things necessary to try to become part of the "have's". Far too many people are lazy, complacent, lack personal responsibility, and just want to go through life as babies nestled in the comforting blanket of government subsidy and "safety". So whose fault is that, the have's...or the have not's?

I don't think taking a risk and working really hard at it guarantees you become one of the have's. I think you need an exceptional idea and a ton of luck as well. Then there is seed money to start a company around your big idea. A burger flipper could find the cure for cancer and I guarantee you he wouldn't get the attention or seed money he'd need to see it to fruition. And honestly the pharma companies would probably put a hit out on him but that's another discussion... I also think a lot of people out there could have their own $10M dollar ideas and they just don't have the type A personality it takes to drive that home. I have a lot of respect for the operations Bezos and Musk have built but they certainly weren't poor when they kicked off their first companies and I guarantee you their initial wealth helped start those operations and probably gave them a little more confidence to take that risk... A good friend of mine has over 20 medical device patents, that are owned by his employer. They're all in production. The company paid him $1000 dollars for each patent received, no royalties, thank you for playing. He's always talked about starting his own med company but the risks were too high and seed money isn't there for have nots. Hell, I'm pretty sure now universities have started stealing their students IP and monetizing it...

That same company killed the bonus and raises during the 2008+ recession. I think it was 2011 before I saw a bonus or raise again. But the C-suite got $70M+ a year in raises, bonuses, and stock from 08-11.

I also think wage stagnation and pretty shitty corporate culture/employee/HR practices have rubbed much of the working class the wrong way. And cut off the liquidity they may need to really extend and better themselves... But that's another beef I've got with unmitigated capitalism/corporate america in particular I guess. When the talking head/ceo makes 5000x the lowest paid employee that just doesn't seem right to me (I'm by far not that lowest paid employee btw). I guess my comment here is I think work place apathy and lack of drive is probably more driven by the decoupling of wages from the value the employee adds (and watching those wages get pushed up to the C-Suite instead).

I have no solutions here. Just pointing out what I've seen. Cheers!

WJCO

Meme King
I also think wage stagnation and pretty shitty corporate culture/employee/HR practices have rubbed much of the working class the wrong way. And cut off the liquidity they may need to really extend and better themselves... But that's another beef I've got with unmitigated capitalism/corporate america in particular I guess. When the talking head/ceo makes 5000x the lowest paid employee that just doesn't seem right to me (I'm by far not that lowest paid employee btw). I guess my comment here is I think work place apathy and lack of drive is probably more driven by the decoupling of wages from the value the employee adds (and watching those wages get pushed up to the C-Suite instead).

^Couldn't agree more for culture in general.

Peter Gibbons : "It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation? "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom