Apple Watch

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So what say you? Personally, I give it a thumbs down.

And WTF? Does Apple not realize that some people in this world are left-handed and wear their watches on their right wrist?

Last edited:

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
I am very surprised they did not figure out how to make it work without needing to be "tethered" to an iphone. As it is, it seems to be just a nerdy piece of "look what I've got". It provides little to no additional function over the iphone itself. Also surprised they did not feature Beats audio more.

I could see the watch being a great gym/workout companion if you could use it without needing your iphone nearby and if it had a way to "airplay" your music to a set of wireless Beats earbuds.

Mike_D

And WTF? Does Apple not realize that some people in this world are left-handed and wear their watches on their right wrist?

I'm right handed and wear it on my right. Started doing it as a kid and no one fixed me. Haha.

I've got a full collection of Apple stuff but the watch isn't on the list. With as hard as I am on watches I try to keep them under $50 since they usually meet some awful fate within a year.

jeeeep

Hooked
thumbs down on the watch - if you need the phone, just use the phone.

but, the new larger iphone may price drop the ipad mini and that I may be interested in...keep one in the Jeep for the wireless gps unit I have :beer:

Daehgib

I'm much more excited about the moto 360: https://moto360.motorola.com/

It's round, so reminds me of an actual watch. It doesn't carry the hefty iTax (100 bucks less). It also plays nice with all of those unfortunate lefties in the world :thumb:

Anyway, poo on the Apple Watch!

Tumbleweed

I think it's an interesting device, but I don't have any problems that it solves.

IMO you might be able to wear it on your right wrist by flipping the screen through a software switch.

JAGS

Hooked

Couldn't you flip it like you can the phone? Not sure, but might work.

People said they didn't need a smartphone once too. And the tablet. 😉

Jury is really still out till they further define the device, function, apps, etc. not to mention 3 levels of watch. So likely more bells and whistles as you move up models.

Can agree it won't be everyone...just yet.

Last edited:

JKWrang

These watch gizmos are nifty but.... its more tech wizardry to get you into their market. Id be interested to see where Apple and Samsung take their watches.

Bluetooth devices were the rage for a bit but they sort of fell off. Now itll be watches.

I think they'd be great call screeners, and once the siri/galaxy voice prompts are further developed like cortana then these watches would have great functionality.

Itll be amazing to see what you can do without touching your phone in 5 years. Right now though its a $200-400 investment without a lot of return IMHO

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The I watch is a total joke. Ugly, needs to be charged, expensive, looks like it belongs in 1993 in a Burger King happy meal.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410315669.560941.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410315669.560941.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I'm obviously the outlier here, but I like it. It's a reasonably good form factor and seems to do everything a Polar, Suunto or other heart rate Monitor workout/sports what does. It's nice that it has sapphire crystal like most higher end watches and the price point isn't that unreasonable for something new in a new niche. Do I have a problem for it to solve? Other than being a good workout gizmo, not yet. But if the ballistic calculator I use on my iphone can have an app on the phone this would be fantastic for use as a hunting watch. I'm a "watch guy" so this would be the first non-mechanical item added to my collection.

Armydog

My Suunto tactical works well enough but a larger iPhone............

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Top Bottom