ARB Dual Compressor Rebuild - Anyone done it?

Steve Williams

Caught the Bug
I have been limping along on one side working for a while and the other one started making noises like a wounded cat last week. Critically affects my lockers so need to get it fixed. I'm thinking of replacing both compressor units per the Poly Performance website. The existing unit has been under the passenger seat pumping away since 2016. Nice and out of the way but a pain to get to for repair. Has anyone done this replacement/repair? Wondering about other parts I should replace while I have it out.

Attachments

• IMG_4445.jpg
    IMG_4445.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 7

jeeeep

Hooked
I've had mine apart out of curiosity, it's an easy process and not many parts.
I did not break the bolt holding the piston but based on the instructions, it calls for heating the bolt to loosen the loc-Tite; I've found using a soldering iron with the tip inverted works great for applying heat vs using a torch to small parts like this.
I'm assuming you are only needing the piston service kit.

Steve Williams

Caught the Bug
I found out the hard way that only 1 side of my dual was working. The wiring harness started on fire when the 1 side froze up. I had mine all apart and it definitely looked like you could rebuild it pretty easy.
Wow, sure don’t need another fire. I imagined that I smelled hot wires so I unplugged all the harnesses. I’ll pull it out and check everything. thanks.

Steve Williams

Caught the Bug
I've had mine apart out of curiosity, it's an easy process and not many parts.
I did not break the bolt holding the piston but based on the instructions, it calls for heating the bolt to loosen the loc-Tite; I've found using a soldering iron with the tip inverted works great for applying heat vs using a torch to small parts like this.
I'm assuming you are only needing the piston service kit.
I’ll have to dig for these instructions, I appreciate the heads up. Great to know.

Top Bottom