Arb twin air compressor set up

Ive seen a few pics of land rovers running them mounted under the body. I can see them being sealed very well, but I dont see how the cooling fan can hold up to water...not like youd have it running under water but still if youd need your locker it could be an issue.

Mine is mounted under my passenger seat and when I was on Fordyce I flooded the inside of my jeep. The twin was totally under water and has worked fine for me ever since.

wharfrat1121

Ok finally got the compressor up and working.. Haven't run a permanent air hose yet as I will probably change things up still but I want to get it going since beach season is upon us.. Well at least fishing season is..
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430163704.643219.jpg

dyn0mitemat

Bad photo but here's mine, don't have any trouble or problems with it here

IMG_20150501_183355.jpg

bguerrero

Had mine overheat and stop working in that same under the hood location with the MORE bracket. It was after wheeling all day. Tried it the next day and it worked fine but from now on I will open the hood first before airing up 4 tires.

I have mine mounted under the hood also. During the summer months and after a day of wheeling, the compressor will shut down after 4 tires, hood closed.

Druhm06

Just did a similar install. I ran the hose through the fire wall and have two ports. The first is under the passenger seat, the second is by the rear door on the drivers side. Make sure your clamps are tight on any connections under the hood. The hose heats up and becomes soft. I had the hose blow off the other day and I had the hood popped to try and keep the compressor cool. IMG_1007.jpg IMG_1004.jpg IMG_1009.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Got a better picture of how you mounted the tank? and have you hit the tank while off-roading?

I have a similar set up, but I used the ARB tank and mounted it in front of the Evap canister. It’s above the gas tank skid next to it so it hasn’t been hit as of yet. I was worried about mounting it is the OEM muffler location in the back and then crushing it. I used ARBs stainless steel lines to run to a port thru the rear bumper Image1531155873.911696.jpg Image1531155922.226483.jpg

rock lobster27

Looks like everyone here is running arb’s twin compressor, anyone have any insight on their single compressor? I’m looking to get one to just air up tires and lockers in the future.

BaddestCross

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Looks like everyone here is running arb’s twin compressor, anyone have any insight on their single compressor? I’m looking to get one to just air up tires and lockers in the future.

My wife's JK has the single but only 33 inch tires. It takes a little over 2 minutes per tire. It really isn't too far behind the twin in speed.
I have the twin on my Jeep and when I had 33s, the twin was slightly less than 2 minutes per tire.

(from 15-20 psi back to 30)

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
The twin has a 100% duty cycle, I don’t know about the single

That is correct, that’s why I dropped the extra cash on the twin. The others are not 100% duty cycle. I tested it out too one time, aired up 5 Jeeps and blew one fuse, it took me about a month to figure out why the compressor was limping airing my 37s afterwards lol. It was running as single [emoji849]

Top Bottom