ATX Slabs

RodCyn

You know, it's gonna be a role reversal with Tony giving you crap about your tires:cheesy::D

Oh, I know all too well. Guess, after all that ribbing, I'm due :shock:

Lol! I'm sure JR. And the gang will find something else to hammer me on.

Oh, we'll think of something, but there isn't much left, unless we compare your driving skills to Stephs... :doh: opps, sorry buddy.

I'm planning on ordering 37" Toyo open country m/t's next month.

What a great tire. Guess I'll be following your lead :yup:

Nicholas

Just thought I would point it out to those of you interested that EVO is running a sale on Slabs. Buy 4 get one free for the months of February and March. $395 each.

Awesome! I just saw it on EVO's Facebook page. Looks like my new birthday present to myself!

JAGS

Hooked
Wondering out load. Is it overkill to run bead locks with 35s.

Not sure I'm ready just yet to drop all the coin for 37s and related axle/steering, etc.

Also can't recall seeing many slabs wrapped in 35s. ???

GCM 2

Not sure I'm ready just yet to drop all the coin for 37s and related axle/steering, etc.

Not at all! Beadlocks will allow any size tire to be run at much lower psi, in return giving a much larger tire foot print across uneven surfaces, which will actually improve your jeeps capability to climb obstacles.

JAGS

Hooked
Not at all! Beadlocks will allow any size tire to be run at much lower psi, in return giving a much larger tire foot print across uneven surfaces, which will actually improve your jeeps capability to climb obstacles.

Thanks Greg(or). Great explanation and gives me a visual. :thumb: March might be a little too soon to commit to this as I was looking more at summer/pre-summer for my build. But it's great to compile all the info and learn up now so I make educated decisions. If i can swing it at end of march, might pull the trigger.

10frank9

Web Wheeler

J, I met a JKF member two weeks ago when I bought my Mickey Thompsons from him. He is rolling on 17" slabs wrapped in 35" KM2's they actually looked really nice. If I had the coin that's what I woulda went with.

JAGS

Hooked
J, I met a JKF member two weeks ago when I bought my Mickey Thompsons from him. He is rolling on 17" slabs wrapped in 35" KM2's they actually looked really nice. If I had the coin that's what I woulda went with.

Really!! Good to know. I'm slated for Nitto TGs in 35s for my first round of mods. The coin is the only thing holding me back. :doh:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Really!! Good to know. I'm slated for Nitto TGs in 35s for my first round of mods. The coin is the only thing holding me back. :doh:

Are you going to use your stock wheels and add spacers or you going with aftermarket wheels?

MTG

Caught the Bug

Agreed. But lower psi will also decrease your clearance and with 35s and a 4 door, you are already pushing it for clearance. IMHO

JAGS

Hooked
Agreed. But lower psi will also decrease your clearance and with 35s and a 4 door, you are already pushing it for clearance. IMHO

What was that sound???? Oh, just the popping of my bubble. :tearsdrip::misery:

People and their 37s thinking they're so bad ass......;):cheesy:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What was that sound???? Oh, just the popping of my bubble. :tearsdrip::misery:

People and their 37s thinking they're so bad ass......;):cheesy:

I don't think 35's would be bad but for the few hundred more for 37's I might go for it. What else are you thinking you would need? A set of gussets would be good and those are $60 from EVO.

JAGS

Hooked
What's another few grand? You are a thousandaire after all J.

Well, hundredaire really. 💰💰

I don't think 35's would be bad but for the few hundred more for 37's I might go for it. What else are you thinking you would need? A set of gussets would be good and those are $60 from EVO.

True. But I guess with 37s I'd want to upgrade more as I'd be leaning towards harder wheeling. PR44s. steer assist. Gears. Etc. Not all must haves but highly recommended. 😞🔫

10frank9

Web Wheeler

True. But I guess with 37s I'd want to upgrade more as I'd be leaning towards harder wheeling. PR44s. steer assist. Gears. Etc. Not all must haves but highly recommended. 😞🔫

You do have a Rubi so I think you'd be okay with C2 Gussets. For a while. Until you can upgrade to hydro and maybe some beefed up knuckles. ChrisB has a Rubi on 37's and I don't think he's running hydro or even a flip kit yet.. Feel free to chime in Chris.

So... Do it! I wanna live vicariously through your rig. 👍👍👍

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

MTG has 37's and he just drives his to the mall.

Top Bottom