Az group

AZ group. I have had a couple of inquires about the next run. I think maybe I will do Sunflower Mine Trail Sat. Mar. 18th. I personally have not run this one yet. Its fairly local, moderate level, difficult I believe if you take the crosscut shortcut route. There is the mine that still has a standing structure with mining equipment from past mercury mining. It may or may not be a 6 hour run. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Sent from my LGLS740 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I may be in...let me confirm my schedule with the wifey!:beer:

Bmans08jk

AZ group. I have had a couple of inquires about the next run. I think maybe I will do Sunflower Mine Trail Sat. Mar. 18th. I personally have not run this one yet. Its fairly local, moderate level, difficult I believe if you take the crosscut shortcut route. There is the mine that still has a standing structure with mining equipment from past mercury mining. It may or may not be a 6 hour run. Let me know if anyone is interested.

I'm in if nothing comes up.

Sent from my LG-H918 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Unless something bad happens, count me in. I'll bring the kids along on this one as well.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZMikeD

Count me in! [emoji4]

bthomas

That sign isn't too far off base. I ran it last September, I'll see if I can dig up a few pics and post them up. I'd say at least a bit of lift, taller than stock tires at the least would be helpful., especially for the JKU guys. There's only a few spots I remember that can't be sorta bypassed/easier optioned. There's an old concrete dam in the wash that was tall enough to hang me up with my 2dr, 2" lift and 35's. there's also a small-ish notch to get through that i don't remember any other options. My skids and rails saw use. All that said, I haven't heard much about conditions after all the rain, other than the T.R.A.L folks did some trail repair along the shelf road on the way out. The canyon could be easier or harder I guess.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Randy Tadevich

That sign isn't too far off base. I ran it last September, I'll see if I can dig up a few pics and post them up. I'd say at least a bit of lift, taller than stock tires at the least would be helpful., especially for the JKU guys. There's only a few spots I remember that can't be sorta bypassed/easier optioned. There's an old concrete dam in the wash that was tall enough to hang me up with my 2dr, 2" lift and 35's. there's also a small-ish notch to get through that i don't remember any other options. My skids and rails saw use. All that said, I haven't heard much about conditions after all the rain, other than the T.R.A.L folks did some trail repair along the shelf road on the way out. The canyon could be easier or harder I guess.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Ok. Well I think we can get everyone through it. Tire placement will be big thing I imagine. I had seen others pics of stock jeeps on the trail. Hopefully we can get everyone to the mine at least. If the low boys don't want to do it, we can always turn around. I appreciate the intel bthomas.

bthomas

Ok. Well I think we can get everyone through it. Tire placement will be big thing I imagine. I had seen others pics of stock jeeps on the trail. Hopefully we can get everyone to the mine at least. If the low boys don't want to do it, we can always turn around. I appreciate the intel bthomas.

No problem at all! I may be able to join you all on this one, I hope. Getting to the remains of the old mine/mill site wasn't really too bad from what I remember. I think the fun starts if you do the rest of the loop, tire placement and patience I think will be key. And maybe a strap here and there.
It really is a super fun trail, with some great scenery, some history at the mine, and lots of challenges. There's were some pretty fun V notched washouts on the way out as well.

These were all taken in the wash past the mine.

Lots of this
DSC_0050.jpg

Best I can find of said smallish notch
DSC_0059.jpg

Not sure I remember a way around these
DSC_0102.jpg
And this was not the line! DOH! :doh:
DSC_0106.jpg

And my hang up on said dam
DSC_0115.jpg

Last edited:

Randy Tadevich

No problem at all! I may be able to join you all on this one, I hope. Getting to the remains of the old mine/mill site wasn't really too bad from what I remember. I think the fun starts if you do the rest of the loop, tire placement and patience I think will be key. And maybe a strap here and there.
It really is a super fun trail, with some great scenery, some history at the mine, and lots of challenges. There's were some pretty fun V notched washouts on the way out as well.

These were all taken in the wash past the mine.

Lots of this
View attachment 247856

Best I can find of said smallish notch
View attachment 247857

Not sure I remember a way around these
View attachment 247858
And this was not the line! DOH! :doh:
View attachment 247859

And my hang up on said dam
View attachment 247860
Very cool. I appreciate challenging trails. It does look like a great run. That would be great if you came along too.

Top Bottom