Bar Pin eliminators? Should I get them?

Xhisors

I've been looking at getting some of these from JKS or another brand. But I wasn't sure if its worth the cost, if it really makes life easier ect. Do any of you guys here use bar pin eliminators? If you have used them do you see any benefits? I've heard that they preload the bushing differently or "correctly" and eliminate some noise from the rear shock possibly shifting around? Is this true or just advertisement and its mainly just to make taking off the shock easier?

Apologies if this topic is covered, I was searching for some information on here relating but couldn't find much.

Thanks for any advice! :beer:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Back in the TJ days, this was the thing to do and even I ran them back then. That being said, I don't know if they're really needed on a JK. I personally wouldn't waste your time with them.

Xhisors

Back in the TJ days, this was the thing to do and even I ran them back then. That being said, I don't know if they're really needed on a JK. I personally wouldn't waste your time with them.

That was my thinking for the most part. It seems like manufactures are reaching for real benefits.

I wanted them for the tj just bc of the pain of removing those rear bolts. Not sure if they actually do anything besides give you an inch more of shock length, although I do notice that the bar pins do allow the shock to slide about 1/4” left/right doubt that honestly hurts anything though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Xhisors

I wanted them for the tj just bc of the pain of removing those rear bolts. Not sure if they actually do anything besides give you an inch more of shock length, although I do notice that the bar pins do allow the shock to slide about 1/4” left/right doubt that honestly hurts anything though.

It doesnt hurt as far as i know. I still am unsettled that they move at all but hey, Im not an engineer. I just fix broken stuff.

Top Bottom