Belated Wave from Chicago

sassmouth

Hey There

I've been lurking around and enjoying this website for the last year and have now finally gotten around to saying hello.

My name is Ken and I am from Chicago. My two boys (11yrs and 8yrs) and I have been enjoying jeeping around the Midwest including northern Wisconsin, Michigan (Silver Lake), and north central Illinois in our 2011 2dr Rubicon.

2014-07-27 16.00.02.jpg 20140719_142746.jpg

redpatchjeff

I didn't realize we had this many folks from around the Chicago area! We will have to do a meet up soon. I'm in the NW burbs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

sassmouth

My kids and I enjoy it. The fun for us is weather dependent. We like it muddy which can make things challenging. Drier times can make the trails pretty rough though.

redpatchjeff

Nice. I've heard mixed reviews. I would like to check it out sometime. How is it having a lifted jk in the city? I used to live in roscoe village before I moved into the burbs and couldn't imagine trying to deal with parking in a lifted jeep.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

sassmouth

Well I know my height limits. I am just under 7ft to the tip of my high lift jack on the back so I make sure to stick with parking garages that are 7ft clear and greater. Although one time I left my CB antenna up which whacked all of the low hanging pipes (which are at 7ft) moments after I entered the garage.

Other than that it has just been good times driving around the city.

Top Bottom