Benatc1's Big Black to be named later build thread 2.0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
got lucky and got off work a bit early today so I knocked a few things out. installed EVO fasica and D rings as well as the revolution shafts and dynatrac diff cover. hope is to get the corners and tire carrier pre-installed tomorrow. here are a few pics of the install, phone was dying so I'll get a few more tomorrow

Awesome that you got start getting your stuff installed. Looking good :thumb:

benatc1

Hooked
pictures are kinda shitty with bad lightening in my garage but did the pre-install for my corner and tire carrier. was kinda a pain but got it done. hopefully off to the powder coater early this week. also got my caster corrected, thanks Eddie for the upper control arms! 20170211_114858.jpg 20170211_120819.jpg 20170211_132300.jpg 20170211_160921.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
Looks good. You going with black?
yes, I think I'm going to color match (as close as I can) the corners and hinge brackets to the body color/gloss and then match the cage to the rear fascia as its not as glossy. I kinda want to see what the samples look like and I'll make my final decision.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
those first few drill holes in that 6 month old body were pretty tough but it didn't take long for me to not care whatsoever!

:cheesy: Trust me, it's still hard even on a Jeep that's got a lot of years on it. :crazyeyes:

MTG

Caught the Bug
pictures are kinda shitty with bad lightening in my garage but did the pre-install for my corner and tire carrier. was kinda a pain but got it done. hopefully off to the powder coater early this week. also got my caster corrected, thanks Eddie for the upper control arms!

I remember those days. Fun times indeed. :crazyeyes:

Why did you need upper control arms to correct your caster?

benatc1

Hooked
I remember those days. Fun times indeed. :crazyeyes:

Why did you need upper control arms to correct your caster?
oh it was fun alright... so I was replacing the upper and lower front teraflex flex arms I had in the that were beat out and when i put the evo lower arms in along with my stock uppers I couldn't get my caster below 9 with my PR44U and the 4" evo springs were bowing. basically I couldn't get the lower arms short enough to set the # so I needed to push the top of the axle fwd.

benatc1

Hooked
dropped the corners and tire carrier off to get powder coated today. went with body color match to the corners and hinges as and then a semi gloss texture like the fascia for the carrier and tire mount. have a few other things to work out this week but might be able to start getting my dynomax exhaust installed

Top Bottom