Benatc1's Big Black to be named later build thread 2.0

GraniteCrystal

Paint inside the logo cutout! Spray a crap ton in there and then rotate the sliders so it rolls around and coats the inside. Once mounted, drill a hole to let water drain out.

IMG_20161220_085812.jpg

benatc1

Hooked
Got my dynomax quiet crawler installed, the tail pipe oddly wasn't fitting right so i hacked i short, plan was to cut a bit back anyway for more clearance but happy with how it turned out, hard to tell from the pic, but it dumps out just past the track bar and away from the shock IMG_0123.JPG IMG_0125.JPG

Decided to give her a nice bath today too as the weather is amazing

IMG_0121.JPG IMG_0122.JPG

Looking fwd to getting my sliders burned on in the next week or 2 as they are all painted up, need to do my oils change next week so planning in installing my EVO protek skids then.

Otherwise she's all ready for some 37's and Slabs, just need to keep working on getting all that together too. With the weather improving and the snow melting, I'm excited to get back on some rocks before to long

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

Looks great Ben! Yeah finally washed my Jeeps nasty ass also lol

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Ddays

Hooked
Hows the exhaust tone with the new system vs the stock? I'm looking at possibly doing this next. One more trip to Rausch Creek & I'll probably be ready...

benatc1

Hooked
Came out great [emoji106]
Thank you!
Hows the exhaust tone with the new system vs the stock? I'm looking at possibly doing this next. One more trip to Rausch Creek & I'll probably be ready...

I like the tone a lot, it's surely more throaty and a deeper tone than stock but it is not very loud, there is a considerable change from stock but having run different exhausts on multiple vehicles it's definitely quieter than most aftermarket exhausts that I've run

benatc1

Hooked
Getting the EVO sliders welded on tomorrow morning so off with the rubicon sliders

IMG_0160.JPG

Changed my oil and started the install of my EVO ProTek skids, basically just wanted to watch some basketball so I'll get the tranny and crossmember skid on tomorrow

IMG_0163.JPG

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's like a curse for me having free weekends with my new job, I can't help myself-- gotta get ready for the warmer weather tho!

:cheesy: That's so cool that you have the time now to work on this stuff and YES, need to get ready to play... hopefully sooner than later :thumb:

benatc1

Hooked
:cheesy: That's so cool that you have the time now to work on this stuff and YES, need to get ready to play... hopefully sooner than later :thumb:

Gotta do some work on Alex's old ford explorer but going to make that my daily driver instead of selling it, i drive a ton now with work so trying to keep the miles down on the Jk and save some money on gas, for more jeep parts of course ha

benatc1

Hooked
Oh I forgot to "trial" the sliders before I loaded them up. Do you put the longer or shorter post towards the front of the Jeep when welding on? I'm sure I'll mess with it tomorrow and it'll make sense but I can't remember when we did my 2 door ones

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh I forgot to "trial" the sliders before I loaded them up. Do you put the longer or shorter post towards the front of the Jeep when welding on? I'm sure I'll mess with it tomorrow and it'll make sense but I can't remember when we did my 2 door ones

Longer end goes toward the back.

JAGS

Hooked
Gotta do some work on Alex's old ford explorer but going to make that my daily driver instead of selling it, i drive a ton now with work so trying to keep the miles down on the Jk and save some money on gas, for more jeep parts of course ha

The two posts closer together go towards the back.

To keep the vertical spacing right, I used a 1in square piece of steel tubing running the length of the pinch seam. Butted up the slider to that and clamped in place. Couple of tack welds to keep it in place and then can remove the tubing and prep the other side.

Top Bottom