Best at home car wash supplies

Spencer11496

I've always used purple power, super clean and a stiff, plastic bristle brush to get the mud stains out of the fenders followed up by a coat or two of back to black.

As for washing I just use dawn dish soap and some rags.

When it comes to detailing I wash it twice and then use a clay bar over the whole jeep followed by the turtle wax black detailed kit that uses a compound that helps repair light scratches and color swirls, and finally, I finish it off with two coats of wax.

For the glass I use rainx 2in1 glass cleaner and magic stuff, applied and wiped off with newspaper.

Ddays

Hooked
Car wash soap varies from time to time, but I always use these two items;
The Collinite is hands down best and longest lasting wax I've used.
The Outlast works great on the black plastic trim.

WIN_20160114_213118.jpg

toxicwaste29

I've always hear never to use dish soap on a car. Something to do with the residue it leaves. I just use regular car soap and wax it. I used to use armorall extreme shield wax however they stopped making it. That was the best stuff ever. I had it once last a couple weeks and a couple offroad trips and still had water rolling right off it

crowrb29

If you want something you can get at pretty much any big box store I've found Meguire's to be the best of the options over Armor All, Turtle Wax and the like. Their products so what they're supposed to and have always been money well spent.

kfchris

All I use for the last 4 years is the meguiars wash/wax combo. Always did the job for me. Back in a black jeep the constant "it looks dirty" is annoying after it rains but then my kids draw in the doors and it's not the end of the world. I found I think the Barrett Jackson label is what it is, very good for interior, no shine at all which I prefer (I like the clean yet not wet look on the dash of the cars I have to be honest)

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Detailed Image has a lot of great information and sale most products!!
303 Areospace Protectant is #1

Last edited:

Lil Nasty

I've always used purple power, super clean and a stiff, plastic bristle brush to get the mud stains out of the fenders followed up by a coat or two of back to black.

As for washing I just use dawn dish soap and some rags.

When it comes to detailing I wash it twice and then use a clay bar over the whole jeep followed by the turtle wax black detailed kit that uses a compound that helps repair light scratches and color swirls, and finally, I finish it off with two coats of wax.

For the glass I use rainx 2in1 glass cleaner and magic stuff, applied and wiped off with newspaper.

I won't use dish soap due to it stripping the wax off every time it's used. I do however clay bar. How often are you claying? I was doing it every 4 month on my last vehicles due to the time restrictions of the wax but I've gotten really careless with the jeep. I guess because it's a Jeep.:grayno: I should be taking better care of the paint because it is black and shows everything.:doh:

JudeinPa

my arsenal

100_9530_zpsce457b35.jpg

Sudz, Chemical Guys make great products for both in and outside your jeep. My wife thinks I go overboard cleaning my wheel wells with Nonsense cleaner and then a follow-up with Barebones.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Invisible Glass is my now go-to for windshields and mirrors. I use the aerosol version and let it 'foam up' for a few seconds before wiping.

Hands down invisible glass! I use the wipes for quick window cleaning. It works magic on dog nose prints and NEVER leaves streaks. Because it's basically distilled water and distilled white vinegar (I've been mixing in a spray boytle myself for years) I would NOT use it on vinyl soft top windows... but this stuff works GREAT! I even use it for the bathroom mirror and windows around the house.

Trail Bud

Hooked
Question: I have high calcium in my well water. I get white deposits and spots. Does anyone know of a hose filter that not stupid money?
Maybe home made?

Last edited:

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
Clean your soft tops

Best cleaning product I've found for soft tops & soft doors is Aerospace Protectant 303. It''ll get the old clay stains out of the top and can turn old faded stock fenders black again. It'll take multiple applications, but it's the only product I've ever used to clean the soft top. Don't waste your time on the Bestop cleaner, it does nothing for getting out the mud, go to O'Reilly's and grab some protectant 303.

Yeep

my arsenal

100_9530_zpsce457b35.jpg

I use the chemical guys too...I also have a cart full. There is better stuff out there but the CG stuff seems to be a good compromise for me between the off the shelf autozone stuff and crazy expensive specialty stuff.

SnailTrail

There is a whole lot of good stuff out there. Really depends on budget as some of the stuff can get expensive. Meguires is good cauee you can always go to the store and pick it up but Ive used stuff from Auto Finesse, Chemical Guys, Sonax, Adams etc. All god stuff. I pesonally like Auto Finesse but it depends on what Im cleaning

ScoobyCarolanNC

Wait, you want to wash your jeep? ;-) I used to spend $40 a month washing my old cars & trucks, now I consider that money saved.

Jknewbi

Question: I have high calcium in my well water. I get white deposits and spots. Does anyone know of a hose filter that not stupid money?
Maybe home made?

Don't know about a hose filter but you might want to consider a water softener so it doesn't clog your pipes. Added benefit is easier car washing [emoji106]. My water is acidic so I had to add a filter that uses calcium to neutralize the acid but then it left my water hard so then I had to get the softener. Was pricey by the time it was all done but my water tastes good now and is safe to drink and it doesn't leave spots on my cars after washing...

BPA

Sudz, Chemical Guys make great products for both in and outside your jeep. My wife thinks I go overboard cleaning my wheel wells with Nonsense cleaner and then a follow-up with Barebones.

I also use CG and some Meguiars. I really like CG's Silk Shine, Honeydew wash, and VZ lineup.

Top Bottom