Best time of year to do the Rubicon?

HILLZ

I'm thinking of planning a trip to the US with my wife and i've always wanted to run the Rubicon, even as a passenger, even more so now that I'm a Jeep owner.
Question is:
What's the best time of year to run the trail and are there any fellow Wayalifer's willing to take a couple of Aussie's along on this epic pilgramage?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Back on topic: i remember reading that the best time to run the rubicon is from june till around nowish. in july and early august there is the jeep jamboree where the trail is closed for the event. other than that you should be good.

HILLZ

Back on topic: i remember reading that the best time to run the rubicon is from june till around nowish. in july and early august there is the jeep jamboree where the trail is closed for the event. other than that you should be good.

Cool thanks Bro. 😃

TheStick

I've never ran the con but I do know the sierras well. If anytime I'd say September after Labor Day. Things slow down up there, mosquito season is over, and less chance of thunder storms in the fall rather than mid summer.

HTH!

pastorwug

I've never ran the con but I do know the sierras well. If anytime I'd say September after Labor Day. Things slow down up there, mosquito season is over, and less chance of thunder storms in the fall rather than mid summer.

HTH!

Went this year in June and the Mosquitoes were not that bad at all. Caught a fish at Rubicon Springs as well!
I think I'd rather go before the Jamboree each year rather than afterward. :twocents:

TheStick

Went this year in June and the Mosquitoes were not that bad at all. Caught a fish at Rubicon Springs as well!
I think I'd rather go before the Jamboree each year rather than afterward. :twocents:

Good point about the Jamboree, but also last winter sucked so bad it affected the mosquito season. We can only hope for a better winter this year. :grayno:

linehand08

I might take ya I just had a newborn so my wife cant go for a little while and I can always use to make a new friend.

my rig, 4 door Jk. Evo bumper/tire carrier/slider's/double throw down suspension F/R. Currie rock jock 60s front and rear/ 40 inch nitto's. and so on. I live close to the trail and would like to hit it a couple times this summer.

Top Bottom