BigMikeSndTech's JKUR

bigmikesndtech

I picked up a new '15 JKUR last Friday, my first Wrangler but been in the Jeep family for a while. Here she is sporting proper Mopar colors
P1000008.JPG

But the Wrangler bug hit me hard, so within 48 hours of ownership I had to start making her my own,
MBRP Front bumper and vacuum pump relocation was first.
P1000032.JPG
P1000036.JPG
P1000059.JPG
I love the look of the MBRP bumper, especially that it sits the winch down low. Just need to get mine mounted...

Followed by Morosso Oil Catch Can and Synergy Compressor mount
P1000056.JPG
P1000057.JPG

And Some GraBars front and rear,
P1000052.JPG
P1000054.JPG

I've got a bunch more on the way so I'll keep you posted

Nice color, nice grabars. Surprised they don't come from the factory with something beefy like those.

the wonderful men in brown have emptied their truck in my front yard with a bunch of wonderful new toys.

Installed a JCR full width rear bumper,
P1000065.JPG
P1000066.JPG

I installed a set of overhead MOLLE panels
P1000073.JPG

one catch though, I had to modify the soundbar to get the panel to sit down where it needs to be to close the roof correctly.

P1000074.JPG

Installed KC HiLites LED headlights and Recon turn signals
P1000086.JPG
P1000087.JPG
resistors for Recon LEDs
P1000084.JPG

Installed the JCR Shield tire carrier and third brake light
P1000088.JPG
P1000091.JPG

Then I went all out and ripped the interior apart to install some sound deadener, tuffy center console and wiring for various accessories to come.

P1000099.JPG
P1000100.JPG
P1000104.JPG
P1000106.JPG

Then reinstalled the rear seat with Innovative JK Products rear seat recline

P1000110.JPG

And threw some Tuffy underseat drawers in while reinstalling the front seats

P1000112.JPG
P1000113.JPG
P1000114.JPG

Also put in some Boom Mat
P1000116.JPG

And a Tuffy Security Enclosure

P1000120.JPG
P1000122.JPG

Wow that's a lot of little things that add up to awesome. How is the sound stuff you put on under rug. More info would be cool. Brand, cost if you want to share and how did you glue on or how does it stick. How much of a difference are you noticing. Also does it dissipate heat. Sorry lots of questions but I'm just so interested in the concept

Nice, I'm also interested in all that u just did. The sound deadening sounds like a great idea? How's the rear seat with innovative jk recliner. .. better for a rear passenger?

The sounds deadener is hush mat, I bought a box of 30 sheets from amazon, I think it was about $250 for the box but I didn't use it all. I still have 6 or 8 sheets left, I might add some in the doors later if I get ambitious. So far it seems to have done a great job, between that and the boom mat is much quieter in the cab. I haven't had a chance to take her down the highway yet but will let you know what I think of it after a thorough test.

The hush mat is self adhesive just peel the backing off and roll it down. No need to worry about getting it perfectly smooth or covering every square inch, so long as a good majority is covered and you roll it down good with a hand roller it'll do the job. If you're interested the guys at hot heads made a decent video explaining it, https://youtu.be/C262W2gji_Y

The rear seat recline made a big difference for me in the back. I haven't ridden back there for any length of time yet but being over 6' that little bit of recline made a big difference in how it sits and feels. Seat still feels solid and secure, still folds down fine, and you can still get at the car seat mounts in the back with the tuffy security enclosure and the seat recline installed.

If you have passengers in the back a lot I'd say it's worth the $60 and little bit of time it takes to install.

How's the catch can working out for you

Catch can has only been on a few days so no real big news there yet, one thing to note is that you can't use the MORE underhood ARB compressor mount and the catch can together, I tried and they occupy the same space. I'm going to trim the corner off of the mount and try to use it to mount a relay box instead, we will see if that will work. Will post pictures later when/if I have some.

I'm of the mindset though that anything preventative I can do to keep things running better I will. With problems I've had in the past with carbon buildup and oil fouling maf and map sensors on other vehicles I've decided to take measures to try to avoid that in the future.

Catch can has only been on a few days so no real big news there yet, one thing to note is that you can't use the MORE underhood ARB compressor mount and the catch can together, I tried and they occupy the same space. I'm going to trim the corner off of the mount and try to use it to mount a relay box instead, we will see if that will work. Will post pictures later when/if I have some.

I'm of the mindset though that anything preventative I can do to keep things running better I will. With problems I've had in the past with carbon buildup and oil fouling maf and map sensors on other vehicles I've decided to take measures to try to avoid that in the future.

Was it a vehicle specific catch can or a modular one

Newbie here what does the catch can do can someone explain in layman a terms thanks

As part of the emissions controls on engines the engineers have put in an EGR valve or exhaust gas return valve, this takes exhaust which contains unburnt fuel and reroutes it from going down the tail pipe and shoots it back into the intake to try to burn up the unburnt everything in it and therefore clean up emissions. When this happens some oil and other gunk travels with the hot exhaust gas back into your intake. Most of the time it flows through and gets burnt up on the second pass but some cools and kind of congeals in the intake creating slimy goo or will dry and harden into carbon deposits.

The catch can, or air-oil separator goes in line between the egr valve and intake and tries to separate out the oil and gunk from the air/exhaust gas to try to keep it from coating your intake. Its more of a problem in cars with superchargers or turbos since they are more likely to see oil blow by but naturally aspirated engines will still see some benefit to having a catch can to separate out the oil.

You need to empty the can every so often, usually once every 500-1000 miles depending on the can, or after every day at the track if you are racing or doing a lot of spirited driving. Like a day of off road fun climbing sand dunes perhaps. You don't want to have the can over full and dump a slug of oil into the intake.

Top Bottom