Blk hulk

dtch

Rockjock D60 front and rear
5:38's, ARB Lockers
1350 yokes, custom shafts
39.5x16.5 on custom 17x12 beadlocks

I designed the wrap on a program, and got it printed off on a wrap. Had it done at a shop.

It's damn nice. How much total lift? And do you have a high-res version of your avatar pic?

Jern26

That thing looks sick!!! Pitbull tires look wild, and I love that spare tire mount. Badass rig dude 👍

BLK HULK

That thing looks sick!!! Pitbull tires look wild, and I love that spare tire mount. Badass rig dude 

Thanks I'm really liking the pitbulls on the rocks. I find them alot softer of a tire then the super swampers.
I set the tire pressure @ 5psi, and the grip is incredible.

dtch

I'm using 4.5" springs and a 2.5" spacer and Fox shocks with resivoirs

May sound like a stupid question but why are there reservoirs with the shocks? I see them on a lot of lifted Jeeps but I've never thought to ask.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
That's interesting. Thanks.

I'm guessing you'd only really need one if you were building a rock crawler? If it were a street queen or a mud toy you'd be fine without a reservoir?

You want them if your suspension will be cycling at a high rate of speed. Like if you were driving fast across whoops.

dtch

Nice. Are you still running the 3.6 or is it swapped? Also, have a list of questions from Reddit. I showed it off to /r/Jeep and they're in love.

REDDIT said:
I see it's not yours but do you know if that bolt pattern is the stock 5 on 5 or did he switch to 5 on 5.5? I haven't seen 1 tons able to run 5 on 5" so I wasn't sure.

Holy shit! How does it drive? Does the PS struggle to turn such large tires? Was the lower gearing enough to provide adequate power or does the engine struggle?
Looks cool, regardless of how it may drive. Really cool! 

what fenders are those? They are narrower than anything I can find wit the blinker on the side.

Is there some kind of tummy tuck on that? Or is that how it is stock on JK's?

Why have one tons and a semi float rear?

Last edited:

BLK HULK

Nice. Are you still running the 3.6 or is it swapped? Also, have a list of questions from Reddit. I showed it off to /r/Jeep and they're in love.

I am running the 3.8L with 5:38 gears. The power is ok I guess. To me.... it's just a jeep so I don't drive it like a sports car. I am running stock steering on it. I've had no issues with anything, and it gets driven pretty hard on trails.

As far as tires go. the Pitbulls are BIAS ply so they are not the best tire for smoothness. That being said, I had a problem at the beginning as I was using beads to balance the tires. I switched to weights after a short while. and it's much better.( the beads worked great on my super swampers) These tires are 16.5" wide but measure 17.2" wide on my 12" rim. I could drive it as a daily, it really is that good on the road. I have no issues driving it a long distance at all it's very well behaved.

Yes the rims are 5x5.5, I had a very hard time finding rims that were exactly what I wanted with my backspacing. I found only 1 company that offered a 17x12 rim in a beadlock and I got to pick what backspacing I wanted, the width, and the bolt pattern. He didn't wanna ship to Canada, but in the end he did, it just cost me and arm and a leg to get them here.

Last edited:

dtch

I am running the 3.8L with 5:38 gears. The power is ok I guess. To me.... it's just a jeep so I don't drive it like a sports car. I am running stock steering on it. I've had no issues with anything, and it gets driven pretty hard on trails.

As far as tires go. the Pitbulls are BIAS ply so they are not the best tire for smoothness. That being said, I had a problem at the beginning as I was using beads to balance the tires. I switched to weights after a short while. and it's much better.( the beads worked great on my super swampers) These tires are 16.5" wide but measure 17.2" wide on my 12" rim. I could drive it as a daily, it really is that good on the road. I have no issues driving it a long distance at all it's very well behaved.

Yes the rims are 5x5.5, I had a very hard time finding rims that were exactly what I wanted with my backspacing. I found only 1 company that offered a 17x12 rim in a beadlock and I got to pick what backspacing I wanted, the width, and the bolt pattern. He didn't wanna ship to Canada, but in the end he did, it just cost me and arm and a leg to get them here.

I hate to ask but how much did the shipping cost?

BLK HULK

My buddy works at a dealership and a 2012 came in with a bunch of mods to it. So I offered some money for the Rock Hard role cage before they wholesaled the jeep.

I got it about half done, it's to cold to finish the rest as the top needs to come off. I also noticed the top bar needs to come forward a bit, but some grinding is needed for that so...

Here's where I'm at

BLK HULK

Zero grinding is required to have the top crossbar fit

This one is from a 2012, I think they are a bit different then the 07 ones. The issue is the separate soft top plastic piece along the roll bar seems to be in the way, and if I put it in front of that piece its hitting this metal curved over the roll bar piece. I only had the top for a bit, I'll have to wait till it get warmer to take a pic.

Top Bottom