Body Armor

Jay_r24

Anyone have experience installing the poison spider body armor? The cladding! I am installing them on my jk and three of the nutserts didn't crimp all the way, I tried crimping em again with the rivet gun but it's still not crimping to the body. What are my options to get this thing to stop spinning enough to tighten the bolts??

scull20

What "rivet gun" are you using. Have you tried using the Astro tool, many people here (including myself) have had great success with it installing nutserts.

Spinning nutserts can be resolved by tack welding them to the sheet metal they're being installed into.

Like scull said, a quality tool is a must. Ask me how i know... you can either tack weld them. Or see if a buddy can grip it with pliers while you thread in a nice nutsert tool like the astro. The worst case scenario is drilling in out which freakin sucks

Jay_r24

I was actually able to apply some insta cure gap filler that my neighbor had, this stuff was strong enough to bind the loose nursery to the body and allow me to torque down the bolt

Top Bottom