BRICKS IN THE WIND : A Drag Race of Jeep JK Wranglers

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Manual, 3.6 and 4.10's.

and 37's.

That's crazy! I just switched to 37s and have a 6spd 3.6 with 4.10s and I have no power! Maybe if it was flat and there was no wind. I could barely get it up to 70 on our Memorial day drive to the lake. :crazyeyes:

Our elevation here is somewhere around 400 ft. I wonder if that makes a difference. :idontknow:

That was a great race though! Go Crush!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
That's crazy! I just switched to 37s and have a 6spd 3.6 with 4.10s and I have no power! Maybe if it was flat and there was no wind. I could barely get it up to 70 on our Memorial day drive to the lake. :crazyeyes:

Our elevation here is somewhere around 400 ft. I wonder if that makes a difference. :idontknow:

Throttle is on the right and keep it in the power band... The lower elevation should help. We were a little higher than that.

MTG

Caught the Bug

That's weird. I drove across the country at 80+ mph following Moby with 37s, 4.10s and an auto. In fact, if I didn't live at elevation I doubt I would have even regeared.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you know 4wheeler magazine drag raced a stock 3.6 JK against the hemi grand Cherokee ?

The JK won.. ๏™€

What he said. Also, you need to keep in mind that the HEMI was running much larger tires and is a much heavier vehicle. Of course, this is to say nothing about programming and throttle management holding it back. Not really an even challenge. Also, the 5.7 HEMI only has about 60 more HP than a 3.6L Pentastar. Back when all we had were crappy 3.8L's that put out a wimpy 205 HP, this was significant and really, the best you could do. I should note that a HEMI will still have way more torque than a 3.6L.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I did not know that. ๐Ÿ‘

So where would have I been in the race?

3.6L 37s and 5.13 gearing.

In first place.. Eddie and I raced before this one. I barely beat him. Both running 37's with 4:10's.

We wanted to see who was quicker auto or 6 speed

Top Bottom