Bruiser

Good call Mike! I think the RS7MTs are gonna be my next shock as well (y)
Thanks, Presley, I think you’ll like them. I doubt they will hold up to the desert any better than the 9000s did but they’re only $90ish so that’s fine by me. 😂

Also, if you miss getting the lower bolt through once you cut the strapping, it’s an absolute bitch to get them to compress at the same time trying to get the bolt in. I missed two and paid for it. 😂

Thanks, Presley, I think you’ll like them. I doubt they will hold up to the desert any better than the 9000s did but they’re only $90ish so that’s fine by me. 😂

Also, if you miss getting the lower bolt through once you cut the strapping, it’s an absolute bitch to get them to compress at the same time trying to get the bolt in. I missed two and paid for it. 😂
Lol been there done that 🤣

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I never try to get the bolt in first try. I just set the top cut the strap and guide it into the shock bracket mount. Then take a pry bar and lift it and the bolt goes right in. It’s way easier that way.

I never try to get the bolt in first try. I just set the top cut the strap and guide it into the shock bracket mount. Then take a pry bar and lift it and the bolt goes right in. It’s way easier that way.
Good info, thanks. I won’t screw around next time, I’ll do this- sounds way easier for sure. 👍 I honestly had no idea they were under so much pressure.

WJCO

Meme King
Good info, thanks. I won’t screw around next time, I’ll do this- sounds way easier for sure. 👍 I honestly had no idea they were under so much pressure.
If shock is already extended and you don't mind getting dirty, lay on your back and you can 'bench press' the shock up and it's not too bad. Easier than fighting it while crouching down. Overlander's method is even easier though.

If shock is already extended and you don't mind getting dirty, lay on your back and you can 'bench press' the shock up and it's not too bad. Easier than fighting it while crouching down. Overlander's method is even easier though.
Yeah, when I said I paid for it, it’s because I had to bench press it back up into the bracket. It sucked so bad. 😂

Got the Synergy Sector Shaft and Trackbar brace installed today. This is the new thicker brace with the sealed bearing.

IMG_5803.jpeg

Went to replace the TRE and bushing on my trackbar. The TRE was nothing but the bushing isn’t budging at all, it’s going to need a press to remove. Done for the weekend I guess.

IMG_5810.jpeg
IMG_5808.jpeg

Perhaps it helps to jack up the frame of the Jeep so the suspension is already close to fully extended? Or at least close to the shock's strapped length?

Gcat

I have Toyo MT’s, they are 3 years old and starting to weather crack already, and it sits in the garage.
I was thinking about the Mickey Thompson Baja AT next time for the 3 peak rating. I heard really good things about Ridge Grapplers, plus they sponsor everyone.. 😂😂

Top Bottom