Build Update

Zach1215

Haven't posted anything in a while and since a whole axle swap is kind of a big deal I thought I'd go ahead and show it off a bit lol[emoji16]
But it all started when I snapped my dana 30 in half
20170218_140405.jpg
Decided I wasn't going back so searched Craigslist for a steal and found a 2016 dana 44 with 5 miles on it, for $1700
20170218_125050.jpg20170218_112119.jpg
Now I'm on my last upper control arm, my shocks my passenger knuckle then brakes and tires and done [emoji16] [emoji481]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wow. Congrats on the 44 with that price. Matching gear ratio I assume?
Oh yeah, called my local dodge dealership and gave em my Vin just to be sure but now I'm like totally stuck, I have all of my control arms connected, not tightened, but my track bar won't reach the bracket, idk what I can do at this point because all my funds went to this one thing so I can't exactly buy an adjustable one, desperate for help

It will fit. Stick a crescent wrench between the brake rotor and axle on the passenger side and turn the wheel. This will push the axle over so you can get the track at reconnected. You'll need a friend to help.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

It will fit. Stick a crescent wrench between the brake rotor and axle on the passenger side and turn the wheel. This will push the axle over so you can get the track at reconnected. You'll need a friend to help.

Thank you so much I will try this as soon as I can get one of my friends to get over here haha[emoji16]

Likely driver. Just make it fit somehow. It will fit. When all said and done, if the axle isn't 100% center, don't sweat it. No big deal. You can use a heavy duty screwdriver or pointed pry bar to get the bracket hole lined up with the bar sleeve also.

Driver!

Got to the tie rod last night and remembered we cut one of the nuts off and I couldn't find a new one at all after going through dad's bolt bucket for about two hours decided I might as well wait till morning cause I still needed to buy threadlock for my driveshaft bolts and I started thinking on my way to grab everything can I do this method leaving the tires off and the axle on stands? Or is everything going to have to be assembled first? (Tires on the ground without track bar connected?)

Have everything practically done just need my old lower sway bar links and for some reason I can not for the life of me break them loose, tried impact, tried wrestling the axle lol, will probably just cut the nut and find another

Soak them in PB blaster overnight.

20170220_092152.jpg Now she sits [emoji3]
Only thing left is a rubicon wiring harness and switch just don't quite have the funds for it yet, should I tape off my locker connections on my axle to protect them from water for the next week or so? Also could anyone show me a relatively cheap but good harness?

Top Bottom