California or Bust : An Epic Trek Across the California Emigrant Trail

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Actually Wyoming was my least favorite state on the trip. We were attacked by the white man dressed as Indians, had a run in with the law, started a range war with local ranchers, and were chased by a stampede of cattle.

yeah, sounds like wyoming.lol

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Well, I am finally back in some semblance of a routine again. The Jeep is cleaned up but still has plenty of road dust in the little nooks and crannies that may take subsequent washings to finally get clean.

Dealership diagnosed the a/c problem that developed during the trip. Seized compressor. They had to order a new one from Florida. It came in today. Going to the dealership tomorrow morning to get the a/c compressor removed and replaced.

These little problems are nothing. Just little inconveniences that pale in comparison to what those that went before endured. This trip has really made me humble and aware of how lucky I am to be living in this day and age.

This trip also made me aware of how lucky I am to have been allowed into Eddie and Cindy's circle of friends. I think I also speak for Susan when I say thanks to each of you for making this a true adventure and memory that will refresh itself every time I see your smiling faces.

p.s. I'm starting to like wearing my cowboy hat. :blush:

Don't give up on the black shirt, black jeans, and black boots... It's the whole package pardner;). It was great to enjoy the adventure with you and Susan. See you again soon

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Don't give up on the black shirt, black jeans, and black boots... It's the whole package pardner;). It was great to enjoy the adventure with you and Susan. See you again soon

LOL The results of watching too many spaghetti westerns. Those guys are such fashionistas. I hope there are more adventures with you in the near future. You were the perfect relay man on the radio.

ljvsnyder

Cool trip. Few questions are the non highway roads shown on gps or maps? And are there any permits needed on any of the offroad portions?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Moochie

A cool video I just saw on Facebook. It brings back some awesome memories of this part of the trail!

hbkid22

This is awesome! Looked like an amazing trip.

Would you be willing/able to share the route map? I would love to be able to explore some of it but most of what I find is all paved roads or just talks about the markers but not actual roads besides the Highway.....

Top Bottom