Calling out Bruiser Conversions!

Ddays

Hooked
I really hate to jump on the dogpile here bud but it seems to me that you are really jumping the gun here just to get a Jeep back with some kind of motor in it that runs. I can understand your frustration but with the inability of these guys to get your Jeep to run with a diesel, what makes you think that they can get a gas motor to run either? Their track record to date really sucks.

Do you have in writing that they will give you a fully functional vehicle or is this document you have from them say they will swap a LS3 motor and that's it?
What's your recourse if this doesn't work out? Will you be stuck with a shitty LS conversion then? I'd make damn sure a lawyer reviews this agreement like lots of others have
suggested..

I really hate to jump on the dogpile here bud but it seems to me that you are really jumping the gun here just to get a Jeep back with some kind of motor in it that runs. I can understand your frustration but with the inability of these guys to get your Jeep to run with a diesel, what makes you think that they can get a gas motor to run either? Their track record to date really sucks.

Do you have in writing that they will give you a fully functional vehicle or is this document you have from them say they will swap a LS3 motor and that's it?
What's your recourse if this doesn't work out? Will you be stuck with a shitty LS conversion then? I'd make damn sure a lawyer reviews this agreement like lots of others have
suggested..

Yeah that is a good idea. My intentions here are to at least get a motor in the Jeep that I can get serviced and parts for. And I will surely document everything.

dillard09

That's my plan. Originally the cost between the Cummins ISF & and the 430 LS3 was the same, it was a pick between the two.

So i'm just figuring i'll give it a try, and just maybe they'll get the LS3 right in my Jeep and it will run well and everyone will be happy and I will take back everything I said and forget all my issues with the diesel.

The only one that needs to be happy is you! They had their chance to be happy. I would make sure every single I is dotted and T is crossed. If not just keep on them to you are the only one that is happy with the outcome.

The only one that needs to be happy is you! They had their chance to be happy. I would make sure every single I is dotted and T is crossed. If not just keep on them to you are the only one that is happy with the outcome.

Yeah true. Oh trust me I will be on them every single day!

thardy

Banned
I've stayed out of this for the most part, but you're nuts man. There's NO way I would let them touch my jeep if I was in your shoes. I'd have someone else do the work and have Bruiser foot the bill. I'm not one to jump straight to legal action but we're talking about serious money and serious accusations that you through out in the beginning.

explorebc4x4

Wow. I definitely would not let them near my jeep again if I were in your shoes. I have learned you get what you pay for. And free is as cheap as it gets. If you've already spent 30k and this is what you ended up with, I'd hate to see what free gets you. Just my opinion of course.

JKbrick

The only thing I would let them do at this point is load my brand new Cummins crate motor they are giving me for free in the back of my pick up and driving away for the last time

Zstairlessone

Gotta ask, you're ok with $30,000 for a LS3 conversion? Because that's what this is, and from a shop you personally have been screwed by. I wouldn't be but, hey - it's your money.....

Jeep2010

To be honest, I see both sides of this. I don't think any engine is worth dropping 30K but at the same time it is not my money nor is it my jeep. Either way it'll be a cool build. But if I were in your situation, I'd tell them to put the ISB on a crate to take with you, and have them put the LS3 in. That way you could at least off set some of the cost. I know I'm doing a 4bt conversion in mine although I'm doing the work myself other than dropping it in. This is definitely a brutal experience and I wish you the best of luck! And do what you need to do.

OJK12

Gotta ask, you're ok with $30,000 for a LS3 conversion? Because that's what this is, and from a shop you personally have been screwed by. I wouldn't be but, hey - it's your money.....

That's what I'm thinking! They should owe you money but at this point it wouldn't matter cause the only part of my jeep they would ever see again is the bill from the other shop. It does seem odd that for someone who was so hell bent and determined to ruin their good name and get what's yours would now settle for a $30k LS and then take back everything you said about them????

That's what I'm thinking! They should owe you money but at this point it wouldn't matter cause the only part of my jeep they would ever see again is the bill from the other shop. It does seem odd that for someone who was so hell bent and determined to ruin their good name and get what's yours would now settle for a $30k LS and then take back everything you said about them????

If they can put the LS3 in my Jeep in a timely fashion and everything works as it should, I will be the first to say more power to them.

Wow. I definitely would not let them near my jeep again if I were in your shoes. I have learned you get what you pay for. And free is as cheap as it gets. If you've already spent 30k and this is what you ended up with, I'd hate to see what free gets you. Just my opinion of course.

Yeah good point but I really do think they know that they have to make it correct this time. It's now or never. They've seen that I am actually angry now and I will give them the chance to make the LS3 work. And like I said if they put the LS3 in and it works as it should, more power to them.

Top Bottom