Cargo area tire carrier build

RUBEERCON

Guess you could run a post to the floor if it starts flexing and cracking welds. I'm picturing a rotating axle where you could lock the tire up in a horizontal position with seats down. More cargo option...
Anyway love garage fab! Nice work.

ESSAYONS12B

Guess you could run a post to the floor if it starts flexing and cracking welds. I'm picturing a rotating axle where you could lock the tire up in a horizontal position with seats down. More cargo option...
Anyway love garage fab! Nice work.

A rotating center shaft (great idea btw) may be possible with a smaller tire. With a 37" tire like I have or larger there is no room for rotation vertically. The tire is only a couple inches from the floor and an inch or so from the roll bar. Also the center shaft would have to be raised to 20" + or - an inch or two from the floor. I haven't noticed any movement that would cause the welds to fail. Depending on year and equipped packages a support to the floor could be added. Mines has the Kenwood stereo system and the sub is directly below the carrier in the floor. A floor support would be much more difficult. Thank you for the compliment! I apologize for the crazy long response time wife and I had our first child and that's been an all encompassing experience.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom