caster correction bolts

mforce

Ok, I have now purchased a lift that includes the caster correction bolts. I have read all over the place how bad they are. But I have seen several vehicles with them and the "seem" ok?! Am I doing harm to my Jeep running them? I am on a budget but want to do it right. Will the caster bolts hurt us? We will be off road with it maybe 4-6 times a year not rock crawling just some mild trails. Any advice is appreciated.

CerOf

Ok, I have now purchased a lift that includes the caster correction bolts. I have read all over the place how bad they are. But I have seen several vehicles with them and the "seem" ok?! Am I doing harm to my Jeep running them? I am on a budget but want to do it right. Will the caster bolts hurt us? We will be off road with it maybe 4-6 times a year not rock crawling just some mild trails. Any advice is appreciated.

How much lift and whose kit? Issue is they've on you or when you want to step up you have to fix where you used the bolts which is a small headache.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

HLKSMSH

Burn them with fire its not a question of you going off road with them just daily use will cause harm. It will cost you more in the long run to fix the problem than to just buy adjustable lower control arms.

mforce

It will be about 3.5 front and 3 rear. The kit I have recommends them and includes them in the kit. But was not sure on them or AEV drop bracket. I have to install the kit next week. I have noticed that the uh..hum.. 4runner I used to own had caster bolts and they never gave me any issues. But I am trying to find real world effects good and bad. I also googled pro cons and now my head hurts! ;)

HLKSMSH

It would also benefit you to start a thread saying a little about yourself before asking for help tell everyone about you,your rig,and just a hello.

HLKSMSH

Google is this crazy interweb thing that if you type in jeep caster bolt problems it shows you these crazy pics of what they will do.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
It will be about 3.5 front and 3 rear. The kit I have recommends them and includes them in the kit. But was not sure on them or AEV drop bracket. I have to install the kit next week. I have noticed that the uh..hum.. 4runner I used to own had caster bolts and they never gave me any issues. But I am trying to find real world effects good and bad. I also googled pro cons and now my head hurts! ;)

No offense intended, but deciding between cam bolts and the AEV drop brackets is a bit like deciding whether to get kicked in the left or right testicle...either choice sucks.

mforce

It would also benefit you to start a thread saying a little about yourself before asking for help tell everyone about you,your rig,and just a hello.

Sorry about that. I should have done that. We just purchased our JKU and our first payment is almost due and we are already getting things ready to go. We will be using our rig for some off road excursions maybe 15% and the rest will be daily driver. It is the WIFES vehicle so dependability is the main concern for me since she drives the kidos around. Our rig is a 2014 Sahara Granite Crystal. I have already purchased 315/75/16 Duratracs with 7032 Pro Comp wheels with 4.5 offset. Lift will be the Eibach All Terrain Lift. The lift suggest caster bolts but I am mixed on those but everything else in the kit is GREAT!

Brankz

No offense intended, but deciding between cam bolts and the AEV drop brackets is a bit like deciding whether to get kicked in the left or right testicle...either choice sucks.

More like getting kicked in the balls!

CerOf

Sorry about that. I should have done that. We just purchased our JKU and our first payment is almost due and we are already getting things ready to go. We will be using our rig for some off road excursions maybe 15% and the rest will be daily driver. It is the WIFES vehicle so dependability is the main concern for me since she drives the kidos around. Our rig is a 2014 Sahara Granite Crystal. I have already purchased 315/75/16 Duratracs with 7032 Pro Comp wheels with 4.5 offset. Lift will be the Eibach All Terrain Lift. The lift suggest caster bolts but I am mixed on those but everything else in the kit is GREAT!

For what you want to do, drop brackets will work just fine. Seems like you are being realistic in your vehicle use and following through. Don't borrow trouble, skip the cam bolts.

PS My ZJ had cam bolts, never had a problem either.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

mforce

For what you want to do, drop brackets will work just fine. Seems like you are being realistic in your vehicle use and following through. Don't borrow trouble, skip the cam bolts.

PS My ZJ had cam bolts, never had a problem either.

Ok, I will look into drop brackets as well. I have already purchased the Eibach All Terrain Lift and really don't see my upgrading to a larger lift later. I usually try to pick something and go with it especially since a Jeep can get pricey fast. I like the Eibach kit since it comes with everything like springs, shocks, brake lines, adjustable front track bar, bump stops, rear drop track bar bracket, caster bolts and some other things. I think it is a pretty complete kit.:clap2:

Top Bottom