CB antenna mounting location options?

jal

Hey All-
I wanted to see if anyone has mounted a CB antenna somewhere other than the tailgate?
I have a 2 door hardtop and it bugs me that I have to have the gate all the way open to open the glass door without hitting the antenna.
I load my dogs in and out everyday , so lookng for ideas of other mounting locations/ options.

Thanks all in advance

Attachments

• IMG_1811.jpg
    IMG_1811.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 8

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Dont you have to clear the spare tire anyway?
Depending on how small your spare is, you don't need to open the tailgate "all" the way to get the glass up. However, I personally like to open it all the way so that the check strap or at least on a JL, holds it open. But then, that's just me.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Depending on how small your spare is, you don't need to open the tailgate "all" the way to get the glass up. However, I personally like to open it all the way so that the check strap or at least on a JL, holds it open. But then, that's just me.
Oh right.. stock spare.. with 35’s at least its not a huge difference.

Reactions: jal

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you don't use your CB daily just take the antenna off. Mine stays off unless I know I'm going to be using it. Plus I can't fit into my garage without it hitting and bending significantly and slapping the hard top. I can't imagine this would be good for it.
On any of my bigger Jeeps that I rotate into my front garage, that's pretty much what I do and for the same reason.

Hey All-
I wanted to see if anyone has mounted a CB antenna somewhere other than the tailgate?
I have a 2 door hardtop and it bugs me that I have to have the gate all the way open to open the glass door without hitting the antenna.
I load my dogs in and out everyday , so lookng for ideas of other mounting locations/ options.

Thanks all in advance
If you can find a bracket which places the antenna closer to the hinge point, you will have more room. Make sure it does not hit the tail light.

Top Bottom