CB help

atxbold

Thanks everyone for the educating dialogue. Based on crippledpetey's excellent info I'm going to do a little more research into alternative setups. Specifically disconnect options and different CB install locations if I go with a different make or model. I don't want to lose my space in the arm consoles nor do I have a cage to install one overhead.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a Cobra 29 is more of a permanent install? That's the other one I've seen in other posts a lot.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Thanks everyone for the educating dialogue. Based on crippledpetey's excellent info I'm going to do a little more research into alternative setups. Specifically disconnect options and different CB install locations if I go with a different make or model. I don't want to lose my space in the arm consoles nor do I have a cage to install one overhead.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a Cobra 29 is more of a permanent install? That's the other one I've seen in other posts a lot.

Nothing has to be permanent. I use a Uniden 520XL. It's a lot smaller than a Cobra 29, but not super compact like a 75WXST. I have mine mounted near the footman's loop, so no cage required. They make brackets to put them up there.

atxbold

I really like the size of that model. Seems like you can put it lots of different places (that's what she said). Is there any specific reason why you would recommend the 520xl over the cobra 75?

Dirt Foot

I really like the size of that model. Seems like you can put it lots of different places (that's what she said). Is there any specific reason why you would recommend the 520xl over the cobra 75?

I have just ordered the Uniden 520 myself. Not exactly sure I like the 75 and I don't want to run an external speaker to be able to hear it. Plus you can't peak and tune that one. Going with a 4' firestick 2. 21' coax and a teraflex antenna mount.

JKCrawler

I'm also running the Uniden 520 with a firestick. Works great, compact, simple and so far seem indestructible. Can go wrong with this radio.

Top Bottom