CB Radio Preference

rescue7

If you're willing to install a cage or an overhead console like what Tuffy makes, I personally would recommend getting a Cobra 29. They come in several different versions and they all work just as well. The biggest benefits of them is the fact that they have a MUCH BIGGER speaker, have a built in SWR and have a very useful RF gain and delta tune among other things. The BT version even comes with a Bluetooth option. In a nutshell, you just get a ton more options and all of them very useful to have. Like others, I used to run 75's in multiple Jeeps but always hated the fact that the speaker was so small. Even with a large external speaker hooked up to it, the quality of sound was always just okay especially being that there is no RF gain. Of course, being that it has no built in SWR, you have to get a separate one to tune your antenna. Hope that helps.

Eddie,

I appreciate the feedback. I have been looking at a few different CB's on amazon, including the 29LX. Looks to be a little more modern than most CB's. I also looked at the Uniden Bearcat. Both seem to have gotten great reviews.

Top Bottom