Cheap or Free Jeep Mods

pvanweelden

What is your favorite cheap mod you have done to your Jeep for less than $100?
My favorite was adding heated seats. Look on ebay for the ones with the VW 0 to 5 controller switch $75 for a pair, lower and upper heater elements for 2 seats. An easy install is to have neoprene seat covers and stick them to the inside of the seat cover. Keeps you warm when doorless/topless during spring/fall at night.

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I made my own relay module instead of spending $400 on an sPod.
Around $60 in parts plus some switches from OTRATTW. Mounted it behind the glove box. It's uses a bussed Cooper-Bussman box, holds up to 5 relays and 10 fuses...Works like a champ!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374899788.723437.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374899817.108369.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374899936.668099.jpg

^ good answers :) love my spidershade
Another is using the cheap walmart ball bungee straps like what come with the spidersunshade to wrap around your rear (2 door) seatbelts and keep them tight against the roll cage bar, so they don't make so much wind noise

Here's the rear seatbelt ball bungee1374900562997.jpg

And I am all about making an Spod :)
Here is the one so far that I attach to my roll cage

Attachments

• 1374900664578.jpg
    1374900664578.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,065
Synergy Suspension Grab Handles. $70

Attachments

• PPM-5804-TJ-GRAB-HANDLES-D1-400.jpg
    PPM-5804-TJ-GRAB-HANDLES-D1-400.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 967
Valve stem extenders for weld on beadlocks $5.78/4

Ammo cans for dry storage space

ORO third brake light/license plate light $79

LED rear lights with reverse from R&P $64/pair

So many ...

How about my cheap labor parts disposal crew?? (The one on the right is mine... the rest just show up when the jeep is being worked on :) ) Price: 3 snow cones

IMG_0015.jpg

Seriously, though, I'd have to say the Rubi sway bar disconnect motor relocation mod / bolt. Flips the motor 180 deg and gives several inches more clearance. $10-15 bucks. Several manufacturers sell them.

So many ...

How about my cheap labor parts disposal crew?? (The one on the right is mine... the rest just show up when the jeep is being worked on :) ) Price: 3 snow cones

View attachment 41514

Seriously, though, I'd have to say the Rubi sway bar disconnect motor relocation mod / bolt. Flips the motor 180 deg and gives several inches more clearance. $10-15 bucks. Several manufacturers sell them.

He's a pimp.

My iPad mini mount. $35

I was looking at those grab bars that are machined out of aluminum and had a 1" ball (carolinametalmasters.com). I didn't really care about spending almost $200 for a whole bar, when all I really wanted was the 1" ball to mount my iPad on.

Went on amazon and found the parts to make it work with my stock grab bar.

Pulled off the alan "bolt" to mount the ball and found out it was just a cheesy screw and the "Jeep - Since 1941" panel just snaps in with clips.
I found a screw that would work and mounted the ball to the little panel then glued it onto the grab bar so it wont fall off.

Here is what it looks like without the iPad:
IMG_0462.jpg

Here is the RAM mount attached to the ball
IMG_0463.jpg

Here is my iPad mini with my mapping app running
IMG_0464.jpg

If you look up on the top cage cross-member, I have to run a bluetooth GPS device, since my iPad mini is wifi only. (it's about $95 on amazon)
IMG_0465.jpg

Works awesome!

Top Bottom