Cobra 29LX CB

georgi.photo

Just ordered my CB (Cobra 29LX). What do I need to go with it. I know I need the antenna, the coax (what size), and both mounts. What else do I need? Any help, suggestions on products, etc would be welcomed and appreciated.

CCTX50

I went with a three foot firestick, terra flex spare mount and 18 or so foot coax. I would also get quick disconnect. Works great if you need to remove it on trail quickly.

Drobo

Was literally about to start this thread but glad you did! haha

Ordering the same exact thing!

MarkW13

Just ordered my CB (Cobra 29LX). What do I need to go with it. I know I need the antenna, the coax (what size), and both mounts. What else do I need? Any help, suggestions on products, etc would be welcomed and appreciated.

Get an swr meter. I never really trust the one built into the cb. I had a cb shop custom make my antenna coax so the length is perfect. He checked swr for me at the same time.

georgi.photo

I went with a three foot firestick, terra flex spare mount and 18 or so foot coax. I would also get quick disconnect. Works great if you need to remove it on trail quickly.

Thanks all. I have a two door, and have heard 18' is enough, but how is everyone running the cable to the CB? I plan on mounting mine above the rear view mirror with the rugged ridge overhead mount.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks all. I have a two door, and have heard 18' is enough, but how is everyone running the cable to the CB? I plan on mounting mine above the rear view mirror with the rugged ridge overhead mount.

I ran mine along the factory roll bar underneath the padding

georgi.photo

Okay, Looking for any ideas on where to mount the Cobra 29 LX. So if anyone has pics of where they have theirs installed, that would be awesome. Also, I saw a vid where they routed the power to the cigarette lighter. Anyone have any experience with that? Thanks for the help guys.

MarkW13

Okay, Looking for any ideas on where to mount the Cobra 29 LX. So if anyone has pics of where they have theirs installed, that would be awesome. Also, I saw a vid where they routed the power to the cigarette lighter. Anyone have any experience with that? Thanks for the help guys.

Quadratec has an adapter that you can use to get power from the lighter. Its overpriced but pretty cool.

http://m.quadratec.com/products/product.php?pid=96080+9801

georgi.photo

Completed my CB install. Wires tucked away and hidden. SWR metered by a local CB shop.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433792719.078314.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433792742.488532.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433792766.415274.jpg

So I have read that channel 4 is popular channel amongst Jeepers. Do you use your CB only on the trails, or do you have other applications.

Souperwulf

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433802668.044585.jpg

Mounted my 29LX above the rear view mirror, the cables run behind the header, down the roll bar, right through to the tailgate, out the vent behind the spare tire, very clean install. You'll need 18-feet of coax to make it work. Used a teraflex JK antenna mount for the 3-foot Wilson out back. There's a step-by-step Vid on YouTube that shows the whole install 👍🏼

georgi.photo

View attachment 147857

Mounted my 29LX above the rear view mirror, the cables run behind the header, down the roll bar, right through to the tailgate, out the vent behind the spare tire, very clean install. You'll need 18-feet of coax to make it work. Used a teraflex JK antenna mount for the 3-foot Wilson out back. There's a step-by-step Vid on YouTube that shows the whole install 👍🏼

My post prior shows that I already did the install. Thanks though. I was striking a conversation regarding uses of a CB when not on trails.

Souperwulf

Totally didn't see that, until after I sent this LOL!! Looks great, nice job! I think everyone runs a different channel in general, depending on how busy the airwaves get.

georgi.photo

Totally didn't see that, until after I sent this LOL!! Looks great, nice job! I think everyone runs a different channel in general, depending on how busy the airwaves get.

Haha. no worries. Happens to me all the time. I've read that there is a movement to make Channel 4 the unofficial Jeep channel. Not sure. I live in an area that we don't even have a viable jeep club, nor are there a lot of trails to hit without driving 4 hours away, so, hopefully I didn't spend all that cash just for one trip this summer...

Top Bottom