Cobra 75 WX ST

big dr

Although I don't have the 75,, I can attest after wheeling with several of the people offering advise here,, the Wilson 2000 is the antenna to get. I will have one soon. There were several times on the trail when all who had the wilson were in on the conversation, and those that didn't ,,could not hear.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Ive never really had issues hearing anyone or transmitting with the firestick, but I do want to move onto a smaller antenna now I have the corners and a new place to put one. Guess its time to hit one of the localish truck stops to see what they have in stock.

Part of me still wants to do one of those super long ones over the jeep lol.

ctlazer5

Wow thank you. I have heard mixed reviews with the firestik. That is why I was going to get a tunable one. However I will ask a local truck shop as well what they recommend but this was definitely helpful insight. I like how compact this is and yes I was planning I think either running an external speaker or running it through the stock speakers, although I do know that you lose the ability to use the radio using this method. I was also thinking of getting a quick disconnect adapter for the antenna and a spring mount as well….thoughts?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
You can hide the external speaker above you in the roll bar cover padding...hidden and you can hear it :thumb:

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Installed my external speaker at bottom of dash, in front of shifter. Works and sounds great there.

Attachments

• 1430427130157.jpg
    1430427130157.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 79
Top Bottom