Cocktail Hour

MTG

Caught the Bug
Picked up some island deliciousness at the Ocean Vodka distillery.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434849600.368560.jpg

So good. If you've never had it, you should pick up a bottle next time you're at the liquor store.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434849653.132335.jpg
They've also started making rum. So smooth. Should hit the mainland sometime next year. I picked up a liter today as well...one of 5 they had left. :)

JAGS

Hooked
Picked up some island deliciousness at the Ocean Vodka distillery.

View attachment 149793

So good. If you've never had it, you should pick up a bottle next time you're at the liquor store.

View attachment 149794
They've also started making rum. So smooth. Should hit the mainland sometime next year. I picked up a liter today as well...one of 5 they had left. :)

This was on the list of places to try to visit. Can you find it elsewhere or only at the distillery?

JAGS

Hooked
The rum or vodka?

Either....both. They are made by the same place, right? Wasn't sure if you had to go to the distillery or could find locally around town.

The distillery was sort of off the beaten path from what I remember.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Either....both. They are made by the same place, right? Wasn't sure if you had to go to the distillery or could find locally around town.

The distillery was sort of off the beaten path from what I remember.

The vodka you can get anywhere. The rum I'm not so sure. They said they were ramping up production on the rum. But the tour is worth it. It's only $10 and you are supporting a organic sustainable farm that produces a very high quality product. They are about an hour from where you are staying. You should do both the distillery tour and the surfing goat dairy tour. They are next to each other.

JAGS

Hooked
The vodka you can get anywhere. The rum I'm not so sure. They said they were ramping up production on the rum. But the tour is worth it. It's only $10 and you are supporting a organic sustainable farm that produces a very high quality product. They are about an hour from where you are staying. You should do both the distillery tour and the surfing goat dairy tour. They are next to each other.

Were the kids able to go along and not be too bored? We'll obviously have ours with us and wasn't sure what it would be like. They are more accustomed to wine tasting outings. Lol

How was the dairy? Wife said it got mixed reviews when we looked into it online.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Were the kids able to go along and not be too bored? We'll obviously have ours with us and wasn't sure what it would be like. They are more accustomed to wine tasting outings. Lol

How was the dairy? Wife said it got mixed reviews when we looked into it online.

The dairy is cool. 2nd year for us. Walk around feed, herd and milk goats. Taste some cheese. It's a cool little place. What's not to like? Plus I like to support local, organic, sustainable places so we enjoy it. The vodka tour is short and ends with a tasting of the vodka and rum. They have a big grass area with toys the kids can play with. Worked fine for us. We also took a picnic with us and ate up there. If you want to make a day of it. You could probably do Haleakala and Makawo (sp?) and Hula lodge in the same day.

JAGS

Hooked
The dairy is cool. 2nd year for us. Walk around feed, herd and milk goats. Taste some cheese. It's a cool little place. What's not to like? Plus I like to support local, organic, sustainable places so we enjoy it. The vodka tour is short and ends with a tasting of the vodka and rum. They have a big grass area with toys the kids can play with. Worked fine for us. We also took a picnic with us and ate up there. If you want to make a day of it. You could probably do Haleakala and Makawo (sp?) and Hula lodge in the same day.

Did the volcano last trip so maybe we'll throw in the lodge and/or Makawao this go round. There also is a winery somewhere in that general area...but mixed reviews online again.

Sounds like a good half/three-quarters day. Thanks for posting up. 👍

Top Bottom