Cocktail Hour

Ddays

Hooked
So all of these Mule posts got me interested in having a go at making some. I've got everything except the ginger beer and when I went to order Cock and Bull on Amazon a 4 pack is like $24! Is this shit made by unicorns or what?!
Anyone have another brand that's comparable?

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
So all of these Mule posts got me interested in having a go at making some. I've got everything except the ginger beer and when I went to order Cock and Bull on Amazon a 4 pack is like $24! Is this shit made by unicorns or what?!
Anyone have another brand that's comparable?

Wholly shit. Find yourself a local Bev mo or the like. I think it is like $8-$10 bucks a four pack.

Moochie

For a true mule, an all copper mug is required. If not, dropping a penny into the mug helps to make the right chemical reaction. :)

Ddays

Hooked
Wholly shit. Find yourself a local Bev mo or the like. I think it is like $8-$10 bucks a four pack.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I said! I think I'll try a Trader Joes or Whole Foods tomorrow...

For a true mule, an all copper mug is required. If not, dropping a penny into the mug helps to make the right chemical reaction. :)

I'm ready to go, man! Damn ginger beer tripped me up...

0222162125.jpg

All is not lost though...The sixer of Alesmith IPA I picked up today doesn't suck! :beer:

JAGS

Hooked
Yeah, that's pretty much what I said! I think I'll try a Trader Joes or Whole Foods tomorrow...

I'm ready to go, man! Damn ginger beer tripped me up...

View attachment 189611

All is not lost though...The sixer of Alesmith IPA I picked up today doesn't suck! :beer:

Oh yeah, either of those stores will have it. And for less than $28. [emoji16][emoji16]

Ddays

Hooked
I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference. The original mules were made this way.
http://www.homewetbar.com/blog/moscow-mule-mugs-copper-mugs-better/

Thank you for the link Moochie - that was really cool. I'm gonna try to find some all copper mugs. Funny, the older I get the more I seem to enjoy the rituals
and traditional ways of doing certain things. :idontknow:

Oh yeah, either of those stores will have it. And for less than $28. [emoji16][emoji16]

Perfect - I will report back tomorrow if I don't imbibe in too many! ;)

JAGS

Hooked
Yeah, the all copper are a bit harder to come by and you pay an extra premium for them. Especially now with the growing popularity.

When I first had a mule and posted it here well over a year ago now, it was at Yardhouse as a "new" "old" beverage. It was an all copper mug and fresh ginger. They've really seen a resurgence in popularity.

I have the "fake" copper mugs, but it works![emoji106][emoji106] Shoot, out on the rubicon I used a red cup and still enjoyed (too) many a mules. [emoji23]

Ddays

Hooked
Success at Trader Joes! 4 pack of Ginger Beer for $5.

So I have come to the conclusion that Moscow Mules are delicious. I stopped myself at 3.
Just ordered a set of 100% copper mugs on Amazon. C'mon Friday evening! Thanks JAGS & Moochie!

JAGS

Hooked
Success at Trader Joes! 4 pack of Ginger Beer for $5.

So I have come to the conclusion that Moscow Mules are delicious. I stopped myself at 3.
Just ordered a set of 100% copper mugs on Amazon. C'mon Friday evening! Thanks JAGS & Moochie!

Right on! If you stop at 3, you need to make them stronger. Lol.

Ddays

Hooked
Cheers! My copper mugs came in today. I have to say, the 100% copper makes a big difference - it conducts the cold markedly over the copper clad stainless one I had.
Already drank half of this one catching up on the troll threads going on over in the 8th slot...I know I've only been here a short time, but it seems to me these idiots come her from other forums just to tell their buddies, "Yeah, you should see the shit I just stirred up over at Wayalife!" Oh well, not the place for that discussion! One down - time for a refill!

. 0226161932a[1].jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Cheers! My copper mugs came in today. I have to say, the 100% copper makes a big difference - it conducts the cold markedly over the copper clad stainless one I had.
Already drank half of this one catching up on the troll threads going on over in the 8th slot...I know I've only been here a short time, but it seems to me these idiots come her from other forums just to tell their buddies, "Yeah, you should see the shit I just stirred up over at Wayalife!" Oh well, not the place for that discussion! One down - time for a refill!

. View attachment 190218

Nice rig on the screen there. [emoji106] lol.

Top Bottom