Coffee Drinkers & Bean Grinders

jesse3638

Hooked
Isn't it? I ended up discontinuing other subscriptions I had for coffee & now its strictly Murdered Out or Beyond Black. Only bad thing is now I'm a complete coffee snob. Pair their coffee with the Breville I picked up based on DWiggles post = addict.:D

I was just looking at the coffee subscriptions..haha. $25 a month to my door for two bags? Doesn't sound to bad;)

Ddays

Hooked
I was just looking at the coffee subscriptions..haha. $25 a month to my door for two bags? Doesn't sound to bad;)

LOL - speak of the devil - one of my subscription just came today!

0103171507.jpg

Not gonna lie Jesse - those bags are only 12 oz so their coffee isn't cheap, but man it sure is good! Like drinking craft beer vs the old standbys I guess...

Ddays

Hooked
Jerry,

Thanks for the post learned some new information from you and some other members. No doubt self grinding is the best way to go.

I used to grind but stopped for some time. Have to get back to it.

Hey Andy - I promise you won't be disappointed - there's some great stuff out there!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Isn't it? I ended up discontinuing other subscriptions I had for coffee & now its strictly Murdered Out or Beyond Black. Only bad thing is now I'm a complete coffee snob. Pair their coffee with the Breville I picked up based on DWiggles post = addict.:D

MO & BB is what I drink, too!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
LOL - speak of the devil - one of my subscription just came today!

View attachment 237068

Not gonna lie Jesse - those bags are only 12 oz so their coffee isn't cheap, but man it sure is good! Like drinking craft beer vs the old standbys I guess...

Its half what I paid for 1 12oz and 14oz bag of Mauigrown..;). I told my wife the same thing when we made our first cup on Christmas. We already have a craft beer hobby too and just joined the Rebel Society at the brewery we got married at..haha.

MO & BB is what I drink, too!

It looks like the 2 bagger on the Best of BRCC subscription gets you one of each. I'm going to call to find out.

jesse3638

Hooked
I see that - I just cruised their site. Might have to order some to try it. Ever had the Smokestack French?

No I was going to but figured I'd start with a small order. We had their Lava Flow and Mele' Buzz. They are both really good and very smooth with no bitterness or acidity. The Mele' Buzz packs a punch and the Lava Flow is strong and earthy. Shipping was only $3 more for the second bag which is why I ordered two as shipping for one bag was $10. I accidentally ordered the Mele' ground for auto drip but it was still very fresh. I do not think it took too much away but we are drinking it pretty quick as not to lose its flavor.

Lil Nasty

I can't believe I've skipped over this post for soooo long. Read the last comment then down the rabbit hole I went. I have friends from Seattle that got me started on French presses and pour overs. A buddy from Alabama introduced me to fresh grinding. I'm from Lafayette, LA which in the past few years is being called the new Austin. It's been progressively getting more progressive. [emoji23] we have a Craft beer "trail" and a few "craft" distilleries. Welcome to the new hipster age where in their "enlightenment" , they still enjoy Guns and Offroad vehicles.

ob_tj

Got this in my email too. I'm more of a dark roast drinker but the description they have on their site makes me want to order a bag..haha. I'm still waiting to finish what I have at home before I join their coffee club.
Have you heard of fire department coffee? They popped up on one of my social media's. Still haven't tried it yet.

ob_tj

I just did today because of this thread..haha. I'm a newb when it comes to "craft" coffee so there is a lot out there I haven't heard of or tried.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app
Oh shit I just looked back and saw I was late to that party. Yeah like you I am new to the "craft" coffee I stick to my Sumatra pour overs from the bucks.

ob_tj

20170127_185327.jpeg speaking of my coffee of choice. I was introduced to a pour over while working last year and now that's the only way I drink coffee.

MrEmmDubya

My favorite cup of coffee is made using a French Press. Jamaica Blue Mountain is excellent coffee but ot easy to get. On the weekend Breakfast Blent From Caribou Coffee.

Ddays

Hooked
I like it dark, too.

Good to know!

Have you heard of fire department coffee? They popped up on one of my social media's. Still haven't tried it yet.

It's a fine coffee but do yourself a favor & try one of the BRCC varieties. It's the freshest coffee I've ever had. I shit you not, I look forward to mornings so I can have fresh cup. Sounds goofy I know, but its awesome.

Top Bottom