Coil Springs and Shock Combo

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
I was wondering if you all thought the EVO Plush Ride Coil Springs and Rancho 9000XL Shocks would be a good combo. I know comfort is subjective, as Eddie would say. I currently have the Rock Krawler 3.5 inch Triple Rate Coil Springs with Bilstein 5100s. I need to replace the shocks, they have been on there for a few years. I figured while I was doing that I would replace the Coil Sprongs with the 4 Inch EVO plush rides. Just trrying to find a good shock to go with them. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20220217_172550.jpg
    20220217_172550.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220217_172651.jpg
    20220217_172651.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 11

CalSgt

Hooked
I had the EVO 3.5 plush rides and Rancho 5000X's on my JL & was pleased with the ride. Seemed close to stock ride comfort.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yeah, I think you'd be happy with the setup. Set on a lower setting and they will ride nice and smooth.

TheGrendel

why get rid of the RK springs? why not buy new shocks and test them with the current springs and see how they feel/work? if you still don't like the feeling, then buy some springs. l've done it more than i care to admit, but that seems like spending money just to spend it.

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Springs are 12 Years old and rusted pretty good. I thought of pulling them off and having them repowder coated but for the price and hassle I decided to go with new springs.

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
The EVO coil over kit is even better
Without a doubt but right now I have to many expensive projects going on. Addition to the house (the biggest), restoring a 1948 Willys and a 1974 CJ5. Then there is my 2nd Amendment hobby. Hell, that is the only reason I am still working, to support my habits or I would be sitting on a beach somewhere, in a beach Chair with an umbrella, a hibachi grill, drinking a Mai Tai, listening to Jimmy Buffet with the smell of the salty air and the cool ocean breeze blowing through my hair fishing for Mahi mahi.

desertrunner

im running plush ride front springs (OME light rear) and 9000s on my 2dr set on 3 and i like the way it rides, wife does too. Definitely smoother than either of my other jeeps one on a RK kit and the other AEV. My dad just put on the rancho sport lift with 9000s and i think it rides good as well but mine is definitely noticeably softer

bmkrinne

I’ve had EVO 4” plush rides springs and Rancho 9000XL shocks on my 12 JKUR for about 2 years and really like them. I run the shocks at about mid setting, 4 I think. Rides really nice!!

Top Bottom