Coilover install

big dr

Not yet. I don't have the equipment yet. I could have a shop check/adjust for me. Do you happen to know the pressure that they are supposed to come with front and rear?

If memory serves,, 200-250,, but I could be mistaken. I know the seals will more than people think,, but this question is yet another reason to call KING!:beer:

noroad

Not yet. I don't have the equipment yet. I could have a shop check/adjust for me. Do you happen to know the pressure that they are supposed to come with front and rear?

i have heard 150 to 250 depending on ride you want.

utiadam

LOSER
If memory serves,, 200-250,, but I could be mistaken. I know the seals will more than people think,, but this question is yet another reason to call KING!:beer:

i have heard 150 to 250 depending on ride you want.

I think Saddletramp told me that he lowered his from 175 to 150 for a smoother ride. Does it matter if it's at ride height when adjusting pressure? I thought I heard/read somewhere that they need to be full droop/no load to correctly adjust?

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I am just throwing out an idea here since I don't have these (and one that would benefit from a discusion with King).

Are you running the correct springs in the correct order and is the AGM slider installed in the correct orientation. Basically is the coilover components installed correctly on the coilover?

utiadam

LOSER
I am just throwing out an idea here since I don't have these (and one that would benefit from a discusion with King).

Are you running the correct springs in the correct order and is the AGM slider installed in the correct orientation. Basically is the coilover components installed correctly on the coilover?

Yeah, I didn't change the orientation of the springs at all. The AGM sliders have labels on the outside which I put right side up. I know of at least 2 other members here that currently have AGM sliders or have had them at one point. I could call king on Tuesday but since I'm not using stock sliders I'm not sure they will be able to help. Guess it won't hurt to ask.

Adam, I found this photo EVO Mfg sent me when I had a similar question on the timing rings. It seems that it would be helpful to post it here for all to see. Untitled.png "When the vehicle is at ride height without added weight (camping gear etc) on level ground. Move the 2 silver collars on the inside of the spring down till they are about ½” from the top of the blue part that is inbetween the 2 springs. This will increase the spring rate when weight is added and sage much less."

Also, the correct pressure (per them as well) is 120-150 PSI with the axle extended (lift the jeep and let axle hang-CO's fully extended with no weight).

MarkW13

Also, the correct pressure (per them as well) is 120-150 PSI with the axle extended (lift the jeep and let axle hang-CO's fully extended with no weight).

There is no way I can set my timing rings according to your photo. I have pre load set at 1.25" and the threads stop 2" from the rings. It really looks like king changed the length of threads for the new style rings, but mine showed up with the original rings. Any thoughts? View attachment 145254

Top Bottom